• Press
          167.5x1
          150x3
          135x5

Deadlift
          410x1
          365x3
          325x5

I finally got that four plate deadlift I've been chasing.
          In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefferson1775 View Post

I finally got that four plate deadlift I've been chasing.
            4 plates plus! Way to go. That's a big milestone. Celebrate it!

My workout today was squats, bench, power cleans, chin-ups, dips

Squats: 255 x 3 / 290 x 3 / 325 x 6
            Bench: 165 x 3 / 190 x 3 / 215 x 4 (f) / 165 x 13
            Power cleans: 145 x 1 x 7
            Chins: + 60 x 3 / + 90 x 3 / + 60 x 6
            Fat-gripz chins: 3 / 5 / 1 static hold & slow negative
            Dips: + 60 x 5 / + 90 x 2 / + 60 x 7

I've had better bench days. (have benched 215 for 5 a couple times in the past). Probably an artifact of an increased range of motion since I'm down a few pounds. 157.8 today. Lowest in a while. Gotta up the foods.
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post

My workout today was squats, bench, power cleans, chin-ups, dips

Squats: 255 x 3 / 290 x 3 / 325 x 6
              Bench: 165 x 3 / 190 x 3 / 215 x 4 (f) / 165 x 13
              Power cleans: 145 x 1 x 7
              Chins: + 60 x 3 / + 90 x 3 / + 60 x 6
              Fat-gripz chins: 3 / 5 / 1 static hold & slow negative
              Dips: + 60 x 5 / + 90 x 2 / + 60 x 7

I've had better bench days. (have benched 215 for 5 a couple times in the past). Probably an artifact of an increased range of motion since I'm down a few pounds. 157.8 today. Lowest in a while. Gotta up the foods.
              Static holds and slow negatives......you will be a full on HIT guy soon !

Comment

Thanks, man. 2013's almost over, but there's plenty more to be done in 2014. Good luck with your lifts, as well.
                In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldSchhool View Post
                  Static holds and slow negatives......you will be a full on HIT guy soon !
                  Ha ha. Keep bringing us the info and I'll keep considering how it might benefit me en route to my personal goals and lifting paradigm.

I have actually been thinking that forced slow reps would be a good alternative for me to methods like chains and bands (I see them both as being about changing the force curve of an exercise/taking momentum out of the equation) in one phase of a program based on the conjugate or cube methods, or alternatively for assistance work (using the same or substantially similar lifts, but at moderate weights) but I'll probably never abandon the principle of progressive overload by putting more weight on the bar, at least as one phase of a cycle or mesocycle. Especially since one of my goals for 2014 is to place in a raw, drug-free powerlifting meet.

Originally posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
                  Thanks, man. 2013's almost over, but there's plenty more to be done in 2014. Good luck with your lifts, as well.
                  We can both be proud of how far we've come, even if we have much bigger numbers in our sights for the future. I know I can look back at myself a year ago and remember thinking I'd never lift my current PR's. I know you can say the same.

Also, it's an interesting coincidence that we're having this conversation on page 531 of the thread.
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Ha ha. Keep bringing us the info and I'll keep considering how it might benefit me en route to my personal goals and lifting paradigm.

I have actually been thinking that forced slow reps would be a good alternative for me to methods like chains and bands (I see them both as being about changing the force curve of an exercise/taking momentum out of the equation) in one phase of a program based on the conjugate or cube methods, or alternatively for assistance work (using the same or substantially similar lifts, but at moderate weights) but I'll probably never abandon the principle of progressive overload by putting more weight on the bar, at least as one phase of a cycle or mesocycle. Especially since one of my goals for 2014 is to place in a raw, drug-free powerlifting meet.

We can both be proud of how far we've come, even if we have much bigger numbers in our sights for the future. I know I can look back at myself a year ago and remember thinking I'd never lift my current PR's. I know you can say the same.

Also, it's an interesting coincidence that we're having this conversation on page 531 of the thread.
                    It's a strange world eh, I have actually been pondering on what you posted before about heavy weights forcing a slow movement. My only issue was that using such a heavy weight would limit the total number of reps. I've got around the issue by using Rest/Pause training, doing this allows me to up the weight enough to force slow movement but still lets me get plenty of reps.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldSchhool View Post
                      It's a strange world eh, I have actually been pondering on what you posted before about heavy weights forcing a slow movement. My only issue was that using such a heavy weight would limit the total number of reps. I've got around the issue by using Rest/Pause training, doing this allows me to up the weight enough to force slow movement but still lets me get plenty of reps.
                      Rest-pause is one way to skin that particular cat. It's still much higher density than sets across (technically, I consider HIT more moderate intensity, but it's very, very high density), but still allows you to get some volume in at the higher weights. Some people in my barbell-zealot circles also like working up to a heavy single or double, then doing a bit lower weight for several reps, kind of like drop-sets but with more rest between the sets. Just another idea for you to consider incorporating into your arsenal. Good talk!
                      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Hahah... funny thing is RM is using some HIT ideas to reach his goals, but I've also incorporated several power lifting ideas to help me reach mine. We might not meet directly in the middle, but we all definitely have a better understanding of the whole of possibilities with how we might be able to tweak in our programming just by being here!

Comment

• fitness center in my grandparents town is awful, only free weights are dumbells up to 50#. Its gonna be a lot of body building and circuit training. Oldschool, looks like i'll be doing plenty of your kinda stuff here haha. its good stuff anyway.

Did shoulders/tricep yesterday, today was:
                          3x5 90# lunges (both legs) super setted with 3x10 50# goblet squats
                          followed closely by
                          10 burpees/swim 1 pool length x10 sets
                          swim 7 laps cool down

going for a bike ride later today

Comment

• Boxing Day Beastliness:

Fueled up and with a bit of a break under my (strained) belt, I felt like doing things different and hitting it hard:

Squats: 100 kg (220 lbs) x15, 110 kg (242 lbs) x15, 120 kg (264 lbs) x12
                            Bench Press: 100 kg (220 lbs) 3x5 PR
                            Decline Dumbbell Press: 35 kg (77 lbs) - 3x8
                            Supersetted with Decline Flies: 10 kg (22 lbs) - 3x10
                            Pendlay Rows: 100 kg (220 lbs) 3x5 PR
                            Deadlifts: Warm ups at 60 kg, 100 kg and 130 kg x5. Worked 5 at 150 kg (330 lbs)...

then went for a PR.

1 clean, tight rep at 200 kg (440 lbs) Pmutherf***inRRRRRR

Man I was stoked to hit that. Raw, used chalk, no straps, no belt. Getting a new belt as a Christmas present fitted tomorrow. Then the real lifting commences in the new year.
                            Last edited by Reventon; 12-26-2013, 02:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reventon View Post
                              then went for a PR.

1 clean, tight rep at 200 kg (440 lbs) Pmutherf***inRRRRRR

Man I was stoked to hit that. Raw, used chalk, no straps, no belt. Getting a new belt as a Christmas present fitted tomorrow. Then the real lifting commences in the new year.
                              Nice deadlift! Congratulations!

Comment

• 5 sets of smith squats for 5 reps
                                Weighted dips 90lbsx6, dropset 45lbsx6, dropset BWx9
                                10 Deadhang pullup
                                Tabata class 5 exercises for 8 sets.

Comment

Working...
                                X