No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A different video said head up...I'll check the link out...
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
      A different video said head up...I'll check the link out...
      Anyone who advises head up has conclusively proven that they're not entitled to an opinion on the matter.
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Random youtube videos, I never know who to trust!
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• You can trust the guys at 70's big, Rippetoe and the coaches he's certified, anybody from Westside... Generally people who don't put their advice up for free on YouTube, people who have experience in coaching the sport in which the deadlift is contested (powerlifting), and who have lifted numbers you and I will never approach.
          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
            You can trust the guys at 70's big, Rippetoe and the coaches he's certified, anybody from Westside... Generally people who don't put their advice up for free on YouTube, people who have experience in coaching the sport in which the deadlift is contested (powerlifting), and who have lifted numbers you and I will never approach.
            i'd add the diesel crew to that list as well

Comment

• Squats:
              Felt strong today. Switched back to high bar squat after trying RIP squat for couple of weeks. My shoulder are not that flexible and the pain of holding the bar low is interfering with the lift itself.

135x10x1
              225x5x1
              270x3x1
              292x3x1
              315x3x2
              Few but ripe.

Comment

• Did 15 chin-ups straight no chaser, immediately dropped and did 30 push-ups, rested three minutes, held 25 pounds out to each side for about 30 seconds. Got bored, looked around, saw that stupid smith machine and was determined to make it do something useful. Set the smith machine to max weight and wrapped my legs around the bench and pulled that shit down and held it down until my eyes were popping out of my head, went back and did the pushup progression somebody showed me from barstarrz, 1 rep 10 sec, 2 reps, 10 secs, etc. and made it up to ten. Pretty fun for a 13 minute keto workout.
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Did 15 chin-ups straight no chaser, immediately dropped and did 30 push-ups, rested three minutes, held 25 pounds out to each side for about 30 seconds. Got bored, looked around, saw that stupid smith machine and was determined to make it do something useful. Set the smith machine to max weight and wrapped my legs around the bench and pulled that shit down and held it down until my eyes were popping out of my head, went back and did the pushup progression somebody showed me from barstarrz, 1 rep 10 sec, 2 reps, 10 secs, etc. and made it up to ten. Pretty fun for a 13 minute keto workout.
                  I'm confused by this description. Are you sure you mean Smith machine? Do you mean Lat Pull-down machine?
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• I thought it was a smith, somebody called it that, but it definitely could be called a pull-down machine, too.
                    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Random youtube videos, I never know who to trust!
                      Trust your instincts and do what feels natural to you. Head up, head down - it doesn't really matter. What matters is that you keep your chest up and your lower back neutral.
                      Yeah, my grammar sucks. Deal with it!

Comment

• Cool.

And correction to the above, I did a pull-ups pregression, not a push-up progression!

Anyway, thanks to everybody for helping me out. I'll probably always be extremely underinformed about fitness, but at least I learn some things here.
                        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Was deadlift today on the 5/3/1 program

5 x 100
                          5 x 117.5
                          10 x 132.5 (292lbs)
                          3 x 137.5
                          10 x 100

Front squats
                          5x6 @ 65kg

Front squat isometric hold (I'm focusing on strengthening my upper back at the moment, and this is killer for that)
                          105kg for 10 seconds
                          135kg for 10 seconds
                          145kg for 25 seconds

and then I used the ab wheel from the standing postion, got 7 reps in the first three sets, then dropped a bit in the last two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kharnath View Post
                            Trust your instincts and do what feels natural to you. Head up, head down - it doesn't really matter. What matters is that you keep your chest up and your lower back neutral.
                            Well, I disagree. Don't do what comes natural if it doesn't allow you to lift the most weight in the safest manner. Which, in the case of the squat and deadlift is often coached with the imaginary tennis ball under your chin. In extreme cases, the actual tennis ball under your chin works too. Don't drop the ball, Knifeman.
                            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                              Well, I disagree. Don't do what comes natural if it doesn't allow you to lift the most weight in the safest manner. Which, in the case of the squat and deadlift is often coached with the imaginary tennis ball under your chin. In extreme cases, the actual tennis ball under your chin works too. Don't drop the ball, Knifeman.
                              What makes you think it's inherently safer and more efficient to look down when you deadlift? I know the double-chin deadlift is being pushed pretty hard these days by Mark Bell and his boys at the Power Project, but I'm not really sure that proves anything. What I do know, however, is that a neutral or Pez-dispenser head position is preferred pretty much everywhere outside the States.

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                              You can trust the guys at 70's big, Rippetoe and the coaches he's certified, anybody from Westside...
                              Mark Rippetoe:

Yeah, my grammar sucks. Deal with it!

Comment

• More often lately I wish I still had my gym membership. But I don't and body weight works! Today I didn't have much time so did a quick exhaustion workout:
                                50 push-ups (40 to 50 are the tough ones)
                                100 squats (felt like I could have done more, but legs feel it now)
                                20 pull-ups (had to go 12+8)
                                2 minute plank
                                That was after participating in my wife's dance fitness class and working on handstands for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X