No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks. It was tasty. Onwards to 405! I remember a while back when I got 225 for sets of 5 the first time because I was trying to outdo tfarny. Whatever happened to that guy?
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Heavy weights full body including body weight exercises. 1-2 sets per body part. Rep range 5-8 reps with the exception of one and only one set of 20 rep heavy squats. Awesome workout.
      All time high weight 262 lbs
      Primal since Spring 2012
      Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
      Current Weight: 220lbs ish
      Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
      All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

Comment

• Back in action earlier than expected (or mandated by the doc).

Squats:
        1x10x135
        1x5x225
        4x4x270
        Few but ripe.

Comment

• Deadlifts 4 warmup sets and:
          285x5
          305x3

This is part of my 3 week plan to get a running start at hitting 315x5. So kind of a half step back to take two leaps forward. Felt really good without any low back discomfort and still using a double overhand grip. Even did a nice 15 second hold at the end to really say F U to the weight.

OH Press
          135x4
          115x7
          115x9

I dunno. Not enough recovery and doing two high intensity sets with the deadlift really kinda jacked up my first OH set, so I dropped the weight and repped it a bit for the next two.

5 muscleups, 20 barbell curls, pushups, front squats... in quick succession to just finish up really anaerobically.

Comment

• 2 hours of pickup basketball. My jump shot is pure.

Comment

• 3 rounds
              10 Burpees
              20 Air squats
              Run 400 meters
              20 Lunges
              20 Box Jumps
              Bear Crawl 50 meters
              Run 400 meters

Comment

• Thanks to Spartan Race daily WOD!!!

Comment

• Last night, body by science-type workout. all on modern Nautilus machines. Went to lactic acidosis failure, whined like a puppy at the end of each one.
                  1. Leg extensions, up to 80# (from 40 8 weeks ago) 3 minutes time under load, TUL
                  2. Back machine, up to 160# from 70, TUL over 3 min
                  3. Leg press, 200#, TUL 3 min (up from 100)
                  4. Lat pulldown, 140#, TUL 3 min (up from 70)
                  5. Chest press, 80#, TUL about 2:45
                  6. Upright row, 50# static hold 2 min (ow!)
                  7. Stupid ab machine 20# TUL 1:45 but at this point was in total lactic acidosis.

Now trying branched chain amino acids, interesting, seems like I'm less sore the next day. One dose of about 5 gm half an hour or so before workout, one dose right after.

Mark, happy birthday, I'm turning 59 this year and am very glad to have found your site.

Jim
                  10/2/12: 169 lbs, 37"waist
                  Now: low 150's, 33" waist
                  Blog: http://paleopathologist.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by jmsmall View Post
                    Last night, body by science-type workout. all on modern Nautilus machines. Went to lactic acidosis failure, whined like a puppy at the end of each one.
                    1. Leg extensions, up to 80# (from 40 8 weeks ago) 3 minutes time under load, TUL
                    2. Back machine, up to 160# from 70, TUL over 3 min
                    3. Leg press, 200#, TUL 3 min (up from 100)
                    4. Lat pulldown, 140#, TUL 3 min (up from 70)
                    5. Chest press, 80#, TUL about 2:45
                    6. Upright row, 50# static hold 2 min (ow!)
                    7. Stupid ab machine 20# TUL 1:45 but at this point was in total lactic acidosis.

Now trying branched chain amino acids, interesting, seems like I'm less sore the next day. One dose of about 5 gm half an hour or so before workout, one dose right after.

Mark, happy birthday, I'm turning 59 this year and am very glad to have found your site.

Jim

Wow, thats actually a TON of work for a BBS style workout. I usually can't do more than 5 MAX different exercises with that protocol. No wonder you were "whining like a puppy"!

Comment

• I'm going to have to work with the trainers to make sure I don't get overtrained. After eight sessions I think I'm getting the feel for it--last night was the first time I really think I got the whole inroad thing deeply and the trainer thought so too. Not that I wasn't working out thoroughly before, but there are levels of learning clearly. I used to be a competitive Breast stroke swimmer and I know how to push through lactic acid discomfort but the BBs thing is different (and I'm older!) I see from the books, posts, etc that one of the next steps is going to be wisdom (hate that) about doing the right amount at the right intervals, and that more is not always better. Thanks for the encouragement.
                      10/2/12: 169 lbs, 37"waist
                      Now: low 150's, 33" waist
                      Blog: http://paleopathologist.com/

Comment

• 60 minutes of bike

Comment

• Just recieved a couple of 2lb indian clubs yesterday. Spent a little time this morning in the garage playing around with different swings and getting accustomed to the feel/action. Will likely be a little sore for a day or two before I can play with my toys again.

These will complement bodyweight exercises and kettlebells very nicely!

Comment

• 5 easy miles with Max the German Shepard.
                            Standing OH Press: 120lbs, 3x5
                            Back Squats: 200lbs, 3x5
                            Calf Raises: 315lbs, 3x10
                            Power Cleans: 125lbs, 3x5
                            Bike Intervals: 10 sets, 40:10 Sprints

Comment

• Did a BBS style day:

Weighted chins
                              Unweighted chins
                              Weighted dips
                              Unweighted dips
                              Shoulder press
                              Leg press
                              Stiff legged deadlifts

Comment

• Yesterday:

Squat: 5x60/65/65/65/65
                                Bench: 5x55/60/62.5/62.5/62.5
                                Row: 5x40/45/45/45/45
                                OHP: 3x9x35
                                Weighted Dips: 3x8 (10kg)
                                Chins 3x8
                                Hanging Leg Raises: 3x15

My squatting kinda sucks right now; I either have a really good bench or really crap squat. Possibly a bit of both, both undoubtedly the latter. So yea - both.
                                Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
                                https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
                                MFP Food Diary:
                                http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
                                (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

Working...
                                X