No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiked down the river and across the prairie and ate pemmican overlooking the falls on the Missouri. 15.5 miles.

Comment

• 40kg KB push press 11 x 3
      Double 24kg KB military press 3 x 8
      Pull ups 4 x 5

Comment

• Did something different today. Something super simple but it felt great. 110 chin/ pull-ups with all manner of different grip placements from wide to as narrow as you can get. Rested for short periods after 5 reps a set and all done and dusted in well under 30 minnutes. Also threw is some calf raises too.

Something different to break out of a normal routine is really enjoyable now and then.
        The blog: Lean Ape

100 Steps To YOUR perfect Body

Comment

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
          Hiked down the river and across the prairie and ate pemmican overlooking the falls on the Missouri. 15.5 miles.
          Awesome! Well done.
          Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

Comment

• 3 mile jog. Nice and easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
              Hiked down the river and across the prairie and ate pemmican overlooking the falls on the Missouri. 15.5 miles.
              sweet. think I'd like to do something like that. tough to find these long hike trails. is there a website that has a list or something?

Originally posted by Lean Ape Dave View Post
              Something different to break out of a normal routine is really enjoyable now and then.
              totally agree. the up and downside of my current HIT program. up side is I only do it 1-2x/week so got plenty of time to do other fun stuff on the off days, but the down side is its the same A and B workouts alternating.

Comment

• Originally posted by canuck416 View Post
                Awesome! Well done.
                Picked up where I left off yesterday, hiked another 13 miles. Ate more pemmican. The trail was muddy today. Much harder.

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                sweet. think I'd like to do something like that. tough to find these long hike trails. is there a website that has a list or something?
                If you google on "hiking trails" you will find loads of sites.

Comment

• Set a personal record in the deadlift today with 160kg. Then five minutes later I beat that record with 162.5kg
                  Then I decided to stop while I was ahead

Comment

• Just got back from setting some PRs. 285# Back Squat and 195# Clean and Jerk, Snatch stayed the same. Man, I feel great - 285 is a 30# record and 195 is up 15#.

Comment

• Jogged about 1.6 miles and walked another .6 miles. Working up to a 5k in a couple weeks, even though I don't think I'll be able to do the entire distance at a "running" pace. My goal is not to be the slowest guy in my age group.

It's a strange thing for me, since that 1.6 miles is the longest distance I have run in my adult life and probably in my entire life. When I learned to ride a bike, I stopped running except when forced.

It's not chronic cardio by any means, but it has made me realize how much running needs to be part of any fitness plan.

Comment

• Cleans
                        Squats

Kinda light on both to work form a bit.

135lbs on Cleans and damn does my form SUCK! The catch (rack position) is just not right. Keep hyperextending my wrists and generally just blowing that part. No big deal with this weight since I could just as well hold it just with grip and arm strength if I want, but a real issue if I'm gonna use higher weights. First time doing these though so I'm not all PO'd or anything. Just something to work on.
                        Last edited by Neckhammer; 07-08-2013, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• Sprinted for about 25 minutes today in the sunshine. My six year old son and his friend decided to join me on their own.
                          Last edited by Grokdaddy; 07-08-2013, 07:31 PM.
                          All time high weight 262 lbs
                          Primal since Spring 2012
                          Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
                          Current Weight: 220lbs ish
                          Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
                          All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

Comment

• Ran sprints with the kids until winded. Played frisbee/boomerang and walked to the food store.

Comment

• 3-plate squats!!!

3 x 5 x 315

Press: 3 x 5 x 145 (lots of layback and hip english, but no knee bend. Old school olympic style)

Power Cleans (Form work): 2 x 3 x 115, 5 x 3 x 120, 5 x 1 x 135. I can "muscle" a bit more than this, but trying to get the extension/jump thing to work so I can get these up to 185 or 200 where they belong.

Pull-ups (body weight): 10/9/11/9/8/7
                              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Congrats on the 3 plate dinner RM

Comment

Working...
                                X