Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • depressing day.

    felt a snap in the left, upper abdominal area while deadlifting 315lb. Not a tough weight, i have pulled it before.
    I could not move the weight.

    It hurts when i arc my back and extend my abs and when i inhale deep and hold the breath. Not sure if it is an ab tear.

    Have a doc appointment tom. Fingers crossed.
    Few but ripe.

    Comment


    • ^^^
      turned out to be a ribcage cartilege injury. been prescribed with 3 weeks of rest.

      doc said i can try stuff that does not stress the core muscles. fore-arm curls perhsp?
      Few but ripe.

      Comment


      • Today, I dusted off my rollerblades that have been sitting in the storeroom for the past 4 years and went for a 45 min rollerblade around my neighbourhood

        Comment


        • Originally posted by 70in2012 View Post
          ^^^
          turned out to be a ribcage cartilege injury. been prescribed with 3 weeks of rest.

          doc said i can try stuff that does not stress the core muscles. fore-arm curls perhsp?
          Jiu Jitsu guys get those kinds of injuries all the time. You'll be surprised by what you can do and also by what you can't. Getting up from bed may be the hardest part of your day for a little while. Coughing and laughing might be problematic too. Don't test it out too soon, because it's prone to reinjury when you think it's mostly healed.
          The Champagne of Beards

          Comment


          • Today I did a walk-out.

            Walked about 10 mins, did some dips on a style, walked a bit futher, climbed a tree, walked a bit futher, did some pull-ups on a tree, walked a bit futher, did some overhead presses using a picnic bench to put my feet on, did some one leg squats sitting on the table with with feet on the seat (still need some assistance from hands), hung from a shelter to do some hanging leg raises, and so on and so forth, at the end did some head stands and crow stands on the grass and did some stretching before walking home.
            You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

            Comment


            • Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
              Jiu Jitsu guys get those kinds of injuries all the time. You'll be surprised by what you can do and also by what you can't. Getting up from bed may be the hardest part of your day for a little while. Coughing and laughing might be problematic too. Don't test it out too soon, because it's prone to reinjury when you think it's mostly healed.
              I got something similar a couple weeks ago...upper left ribcage. I found pushups difficult for a while, and sneezes still make me groan. Rich is right, laughing was tough on me for a few days...which is a bummer, because I usually laugh a lot. Best wishies for your quick recovery! Gelatine, anyone?

              Sent from my GT-N8013 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

              Comment


              • I decided on a simple routine of daily bodyweight squats and kettlebell swings. I'll ride my bike a few times a week and try to start walking (my biggest hurdle...I just never have liked walking) and when I get a barbell set I'll do heavy deadlifts and a standing press (using a hang power clean to get the barbell to my shoulders). All of this is basically a maintenance routine while I try to improve my diet. At some point I may do a structured program like Starting Strength but at my current weight of 400 lbs, I'm limited in what I can do.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Corwin1968 View Post
                  I decided on a simple routine of daily bodyweight squats and kettlebell swings. I'll ride my bike a few times a week and try to start walking (my biggest hurdle...I just never have liked walking) and when I get a barbell set I'll do heavy deadlifts and a standing press (using a hang power clean to get the barbell to my shoulders). All of this is basically a maintenance routine while I try to improve my diet. At some point I may do a structured program like Starting Strength but at my current weight of 400 lbs, I'm limited in what I can do.
                  Starting Strength is actually perfect for someone who's limited in what he can do. I know someone who started squatting a closet rod (weighs about a pound) and then progressed by zip-tying 2.5 pound plates to it. If you can do a bodyweight squat to depth, you can do Starting Strength. And there's a lot of knowledgeable people here who I'm sure would be willing to give you help and advice with questions or if you run into trouble. I say go for it!
                  The Champagne of Beards

                  Comment


                  • Today, some light Snatches/Cleans and some Jerk technique work. On Sunday, going in to test my Back Squat max and then do some heavy snatch/C&J singles.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                      Jiu Jitsu guys get those kinds of injuries all the time. You'll be surprised by what you can do and also by what you can't. Getting up from bed may be the hardest part of your day for a little while. Coughing and laughing might be problematic too. Don't test it out too soon, because it's prone to reinjury when you think it's mostly healed.
                      You know exactly how I feel. Hurts to get up from bed, to laugh and to sneeze.
                      Doc said 3 weeks. I was thinking of getting back to squat rack in a week. Thanks for your warning. I will wait it out.
                      Few but ripe.

                      Comment


                      • Finally decided to do a workout without attention to cadence. Gives another value measurement to gauge progression.

                        Chins + 70 x 6 Drop set to BW x 7

                        Dips + 70 x 7 Drop set to BW x 8

                        Leg Press 330 x 10 Drop set to 270 x 8

                        Comment


                        • Squat
                          235x5
                          250x5
                          265x5

                          Dips
                          230(BW+15)x5x3

                          Chinups
                          225(BW+10)x5x3

                          I'm really enjoying 5/3/1 with only the "5" and "1" weeks. My lifts aren't that great, but they're going up steadily.
                          In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

                          This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

                          Comment


                          • Standing Overhead Press: 115lbs, 3x5
                            ATG Squats: 185lbs, 3x5
                            Calf Raises: 335lbs, 3x10
                            Power Cleans: 115lbs, 3x5
                            Bike Intervals: 40:10 Sprints, 10 Sets

                            Comment


                            • Today was a much needed rest day. Planning on playing pickup basketball tomorrow and then hit the weight room.

                              Comment


                              • Hitting some dumbbell bench press, weighted chins, military press, and some curls *gasp*
                                My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X