• Show
Clear All

• deadlifts, compound rows, shoulder press

1 set

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
      deadlifts, compound rows, shoulder press

1 set

One set to failure - both concentric and eccentric I suppose? - oh wait, you can't do that on deadlifts, and a bit dangerous on rows also? Not typical HIT what you are doing Neckhammer?
      "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

• Not much time today, so I decided on a sled mile after warming up. A bit over 200 meters per lap, 7 laps total. Dragging the sled in harness, not pushing it. First lap was 25 lbs, went up 25 pounds each lap - after the 100 lb lap started working my way back down the weight ladder.

That was enough for one day!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gorbag View Post

One set to failure - both concentric and eccentric I suppose? - oh wait, you can't do that on deadlifts, and a bit dangerous on rows also? Not typical HIT what you are doing Neckhammer?

Well 5 warmup sets for 1 working deadlift set.... did 4 reps and could not get fifth. Actually didn't even attempt fifth, so you are correct... not typical HIT.

The other two were done with machines so yes, done to failure like HIT usually is.

I'm currently doing 2 workouts/week. With one multi-set compound barbell lift and 2-3 other lifts done to failure (today was machines, but I've done weighted chins and weighted dips to concentric failure with one drop set to BW to concentric failure).

Just doing my own thing...
          Last edited by Neckhammer; 05-03-2013, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• 3 rounds for time

50 double unders
            10 push press

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
              Well 5 warmup sets for 1 working deadlift set.... did 4 reps and could not get fifth. Actually didn't even attempt fifth, so you are correct... not typical HIT.

The other two were done with machines so yes, done to failure like HIT usually is.

I'm currently doing 2 workouts/week. With one multi-set compound barbell lift and 2-3 other lifts done to failure (today was machines, but I've done weighted chins and weighted dips to concentric failure with one drop set to BW to concentric failure).

Just doing my own thing...
              Sounds good, you are doing Deadlift the same way as myself then, except that I only do 3 warmups before the final top set. I never go to failure on Deadlifts though... One of my favorite row movements is barbell Pendlay rows standing on a block and resetting every lift. I use underhand grip moving the torso above 140 degrees and rounding the back down on the eccentric part for the best possible stretch. It fries most of my upper body, lats, traps, delts, lower back, biceps and gives an isometric workout for my legs as well...
              Last edited by Gorbag; 05-03-2013, 01:25 PM.
              "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

• Day off today, more or less. Attended 2 grandsons baseball (well one baseball one T-ball) games. Having sinus issues. Not feeling great anyway. Did do 16 incline push-ups on the stairs this morning may do a few more.

Comment

• Can someone recommend a sweat inducing simple workout out for me today? Is there anything doing the rounds? Wuld be good if it could be done inside and perhaps just with bodyweight? Had a bit of a binge last night and need to detox that crap outa me!

Im thinking maybe something like a HIT thing with pushups, burpees or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by zizou View Post
                    Can someone recommend a sweat inducing simple workout out for me today? Is there anything doing the rounds? Wuld be good if it could be done inside and perhaps just with bodyweight? Had a bit of a binge last night and need to detox that crap outa me!

Im thinking maybe something like a HIT thing with pushups, burpees or something?
                    inshape4u - YouTube has loads of workouts on youtube.

Comment

• I did chinup/pullup exercises, squats, straight-legged deadlift, handstand, and bridge. I was so full of energy I kept going back to the pullup bar.

Comment

• I walked for a few hours at the mall and did 45 minutes of Pilates.

Comment

• Weighted Chins 50lbs/drop set to BW 60s/32s TUL
                          Weighted Dips 60lbs/drop set to BW 47s/27s TUL
                          Leg press 87s TUL

HIT to failure with about a 5/5 cadence. I almost puked..... very close.

Threw in a couple sets of deliberate lateral raises and some pushups (8 to be exact ) toasted as there are no rests between sets. 30 minutes alternating sauna and cold shower.

Comment

• Deadlifts.
                            Personal best today. 330 lbs.

I weight about 160-162 lbs.
                            Few but ripe.

Comment

• Does anyone do workouts with TRX's? If so what do they look like?!! I'm looking to do more of that and get away from weights/injuries!!

Comment

• 6 minutes rowing machine

goblet squats w/15 lb kettlebell except last set 18 lb kettlebell
                                australian pullups
                                incline pushups
                                lat pulldown
                                seated row
                                farmer's walk 18 lbs in each hand

ended with 10 more minutes rowing.

No deadlifts today. The asshole that likes crash together the plates on the machines was in the way. Maybe tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X