Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadlifts

Comment

• Morning cardio: Stair sprints 12 X 30 sec, 25 minutes jogging on beach, 15 minutes powerwalk.
      Afternoon weight training: Deadlift 5 X 6 - 10, Leg-press 4 X 40 (ext. set), hack-lift 3 X 40 (ext. set), heel raises in hack-lift machine 3 X 50 (ext. set), Leg curl 3 X 15, wrist curls 4 X 15
      "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

• Frosty morning bike ride, ice crunching under the tyres, clear blue sky, bright low winter sun, the moon still out. 12 miles on country roads and traffic free surfaced trails, just under and hour, Lovely
        You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

• 1 hour jogging.

Comment

• Dips and leg lifts on the counter at work.
            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• 1 hour jog. Bit of grease the groove type pushups, pullups and dips.

Comment

• 3x5 Barbell Complex: RDL/Row/Power Clean/Front Squat/Press (95lb) supersetted with barbell curls 3x8 (70lb)

3 Rounds:
                Push Ups x 20
                Incline Sit Ups x 20
                Back Extensions x 20
                Chin Ups x 10
                Dips x 10
                Alternating Split Squat Lunge x 10 each side
                "Suffer no guilt yee who wield this in the name of Crom"
                Quote on the Father's Sword

Comment

• Gotta do squats and bench presses for 3/3/3+
                  All in pounds.

Squat:220/235/245
                  Bench:150/160/170

I should get 8-12 reps on the third (3+) sets of each of those. Maybe 14 or 15 on bench.

Probably going to attempt to do some power cleans too, but my form is rubbish. Probably try to force good form for several sets of 3 with a ridiculously light weight, like 115 or 125 depending on how I feel.

Then some accessory work with my jury-rigged makeshift suspension trainer for a little more upper body volume.
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• New to lifting, first week and just finished my 3rd day.

Squat 65# 5x5 (with the machine that guides you, not sure what it's called; I was careful to squat low, butt below my knees, and oh boy do I feel my legs now...)
                    Bench press 45# 5x5 (that's right just the barbell, and it's truly challenging.
                    Dead lift 62# 5x5 (I had room for more, felt good)
                    Biceps curl 10# per arm, 5x5
                    Lying leg raises 1x20 (third time this week, definitely feeling that one too!)

I guess starting out conservatively is safest anyway! But I'm curious to hear how this looks...

For background, I've never lifted before; I'm 5'5 for 124#; recently recovered from chronic cardio which means I'm trying to follow PBP Fitness instead of running miles and miles; pretty sedentary otherwise though I do get my share of slow movement each week.

Adopted the Primal lifestyle on: August 9 2012.
                    My sporadic journal entries are here.

Results to date: I've lost (gained?) one belt hole!

Comment

• I part of the way through doing a pull up workout. I started off with 3 sets of 8 corn cob pull ups and now I am doing a set of 7 pull ups per minute. I hope to get in at least 200 pull ups.
                      Fitness Wayne | Paleo Health, Exercise and Weight Loss Blog
                      Fitness Wayne Facebook Page

Comment

• I finished, only got 173 pull ups but it was a good workout so I am not upset.
                        Fitness Wayne | Paleo Health, Exercise and Weight Loss Blog
                        Fitness Wayne Facebook Page

Comment

• Deadlift 10-10-10
                          Bench Press 5x1
                          Back Squat 5x5
                          Pull Ups 5x10

Comment

• AM:
                            Power Cleans 3-3-3-3-3
                            Press 5-5-5-5-5
                            T-Bar Rows 5x10

PM:
                            Yoga - 60:00

Comment

• Ellyptical two mile (elevation 10, resistance 5) 15:35

Comment

• Originally posted by froggie View Post
                                New to lifting, first week and just finished my 3rd day.

Squat 65# 5x5 (with the machine that guides you, not sure what it's called; I was careful to squat low, butt below my knees, and oh boy do I feel my legs now...)
                                Bench press 45# 5x5 (that's right just the barbell, and it's truly challenging.
                                Dead lift 62# 5x5 (I had room for more, felt good)
                                Biceps curl 10# per arm, 5x5
                                Lying leg raises 1x20 (third time this week, definitely feeling that one too!)

I guess starting out conservatively is safest anyway! But I'm curious to hear how this looks...

For background, I've never lifted before; I'm 5'5 for 124#; recently recovered from chronic cardio which means I'm trying to follow PBP Fitness instead of running miles and miles; pretty sedentary otherwise though I do get my share of slow movement each week.
                                Looks like a starting point. I'd ditch the Smith Machine or whatever you're doing squats in. You'll get more out of squats, in a safer manner without being guided. Of course, you have to learn the technique (I like the technique sections of Starting Strength 3rd Ed. by Mark Rippetoe, personally for this), and increase the weight incrementally without sacrificing form.

I'd also ditch the curls and additional ab work for now. Can you do any chin-ups?

My work out today is working at my standing desk from 9-5, then eating a big venison steak and sweet potato fries cooked in coconut oil while logging some couch time. It was a tough weekend between lifting and training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and some recovery time is probably overdue. Weight is down to ~153.5.
                                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                                X