No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pull ups, curls, rows, preacher curls, Bent over row, pull over.

40 minutes of slow jogging.
    Fitness Wayne | Paleo Health, Exercise and Weight Loss Blog
    Fitness Wayne Facebook Page

Comment

• 2 x 3 mile, race pace walks AND
      Upper body workout which included:
      CHEST: 20 Pushups
      BACK: 1 arm dumbell row x 20
      SHOULDERS: Military press x 20
      BICEPS: Curls x 20
      TRICEPS: Kickbacks
      REPEAT SET 2 TIMES.

And finished off the workout with :30 minutes of core strengthening exercises on the yoga ball and floor (planks, walk out planks etc.

And here's my EXCITING NEWS! For the very first time in 5 YEARS, I JUMPED up from a squatting position, over a plank and onto the other side. This is groundbreaking for me as I have a severely herniated disc that has just started to heal since going primal. And I believe it's finally healing because I have reduced inflammation of the body through restricting wheat, oils, genetically modified foods and sugar.
      ----------------------------------------
      F, 48, 5'10"
      Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
      Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Comment

• Todays workout:
        4 sets of incline press
        2 sets of flat bench
        about an hour of walking
        I'm a bit of a gym rat, I lift 5 days a week-- but I keep my workouts to about 20-25 minutes and focus on compound lifts (squats, deadlifts, presses).

Comment

• MegaDanz class
          Annie Ups the Ante
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Decided to do a custom workout under my garage.

Started with push ups and pull ups off a wooden beam - 20 push ups followed by 5 pull ups, which lowered to 3 pull ups per 20 until I couldn't do any more. Didn't count the sets. Prooooooobably should have.
            Then I decided to make use of my environment and do a custom weight workout for muscles that could be applied practically. Filled a couple of bags with wood and worked my shoulders, lifting them up to the side of my head for 5 sets of 10. Ouch. Then did some custom deadlifts with the wood chopping block - basically by lifting it up, holding, then lowering. Again: ouch. Then I managed to find a wooden bar. Not sure what it was doing there, but hey, there it was. So I attached the two bags previously used to either side, added a bit more wood per bag and performed 5 sets of 10 squats. OOOOOOOUCH.

This was followed by a hasty stumble upstairs and the downing of a weakly made Paleo-protein shake (doing Whole30 this month - no Whey allowed, and had short time) of two egg whites, a banana and some strawberries. This was followed quickl by a big ass meal of portobello steak mushroom burgers and a whopping bowl of sweet potato fries - using the leftover yolk as an oil.

Wow. Gotta say, right now, body is aching. Gonna feel that tommorow. But at the same time... Damn, I feel awesome.
            Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
            https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
            MFP Food Diary:
            http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
            (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

• Fifth Degree Black Belt test - that is all....
              "Suffer no guilt yee who wield this in the name of Crom"
              Quote on the Father's Sword

Comment

• Finally have a new workout routine after moving and losing my city. 15 minute bike ride on hills to a gated community playground, arm work and push-ups, ride back. It sounds so simple, but it's awesome and very taxing. Takes about 45 minutes. I'm not going to try categorizing it. It's my exercise. I can control the intensity easily. I'm going to do it every other day on my days off weather/family/other BS permitting.
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Traveling and staying w family. Jumped on the deck did a Burpee ladder and invisible Fran w squats and push-ups

My husbands family lives in a cute beachside community w TONS of hills. We ran to a local park. Did pull-ups, lunges and push-ups ..ran back uphill to his house. Killer

Comment

• 7K barefoot run in the morning.

Deadlifts during lunch time. 255 lbs, personal best.
                    Few but ripe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Louisa655 View Post
                      And here's my EXCITING NEWS! For the very first time in 5 YEARS, I JUMPED up from a squatting position, over a plank and onto the other side. This is groundbreaking for me as I have a severely herniated disc that has just started to heal since going primal. And I believe it's finally healing because I have reduced inflammation of the body through restricting wheat, oils, genetically modified foods and sugar.
                      Great stuff! Keep it going.
                      Few but ripe.

Comment

• Finally i did some assisted muscle ups. On a low bar with a bit of push from legs. My goal is to do one unassisted muscle up before the end of this year.
                        Few but ripe.

Comment

• 21-15-9
                          Power cleans (135#)
                          Ring dips
                          http://meatsleeprepeat.com/
                          http://ternioncrossfit.com/

Comment

• Track day:
                            800m warmup
                            2 x 400m
                            1 x 800m
                            2 x 400m
                            2 x 100m
                            2 x 50m
                            4 starts
                            2 x 100m
                            1600m
                            2 min side plank
                            2 x 10 hanging leg raises
                            "Go For Broke"
                            Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
                            Small Kine-168/9%
                            Now- 200/8%
                            Goal- 210/6%

Comment

• 5 mile jog

Comment

• Doing starting strength, and this was todays workout

Squat 80kg 3x5
                                Bench 60kg 3x5
                                Deadlift 120kg 1x2. Was going for 1x5 but it was too heavy. I did 115kgx5 last time, and probably should've gone to 117.5 instead of 115, but I've been doing 5kg increments so far. Oh well.
                                Chinups: 6,6,4 - half a year ago I couldn't do one without aid

Comment

Working...
                                X