What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammer throw for 2 hours...
    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

• Bike ride around town for an hour and a half. Only 6.2 miles. Got to take it easy, long life ahead.
      Last edited by Knifegill; 07-24-2012, 05:31 PM.
      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Morning: 3.1-mile run

Evening: Tabata intervals with 2-handed kettlebell swings, 10 sets, 3x5 parallel back squats, 3x5 standing overhead press, 3x10 calf raises, Tabata intervals on the stationary bike, 10 sets.

Comment

• First trained in the jungle gym with traditional weights for a quick total body pump up then did some "raw" jungle gym obstacle training seen here Raw Jungle Obstacle course at Base Camp Hawaii, boot camp - YouTube all followed by a 1,500M swim with sprint work and butterfly work. Not bad for a 50 something yr old GIRL!

Comment

• Roofing a house today and yesterday all day.
            If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

• Walked the dog 2 miles

Hammer Strength Incline Press 3x8
              Back Squats 3x8
              Lat Pull Downs 3x8
              Push Press 3x8
              Prone Incline Rows 3x8

Back felt pretty good today. Will try to go totally unsupported on Saturday.
              "Suffer no guilt yee who wield this in the name of Crom"
              Quote on the Father's Sword

Comment

• I have consumed quite a bit of food today as I was a little nuts yesterday:

Run/Walk: 6.0 Miles
                Pushups: 407
                Pullups: 25
                Deadlifts: 225*15, 245*12, 275*6, 315*3, 225*6 (slow), 80*12 (dumbbells)
                Triceps: Pushdowns, Extensions, Rope
                Abs: Machine crunches 6*15

Comment

• 400-300-200-100 m row warm-up; rests between intervals were 45 sec-30 sec-15 sec

3 rounds
                  4 x Hand Stand Push Ups
                  8 x Ground to Over Head 135# (you just have to get the weight from the ground to over your head, I eneded up doing clean and jerks)
                  12 Burpees

10:37

Finished with 100 GHD Sit-Ups and 200-250 Jump ropes (I lost count on the jump ropes)
                  "Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they will collapse. But the VERY BEST men know that the mind tires before the body and push themselves beyond all limits. Only when all of these limits have been shattered can the unattainable be reached." ~Dan Gable

Comment

• Had the flu the last couple of days so have taken it easy today doing my mad methods Ba Duan Jin (8 fine exercises for relaxing and restoration.

My Mad Methods - 8 Fine Exercises Warm Up for Relaxing, Recovery & Restoration

Then did week three of the you are your own gym basic program ( push strength) which consisted of three sets of 12 reps with 2 min break between sets of the following

Pushups
                    Elevated military press
                    Close grip push ups
                    Dips

Then did a few slow sets to failure of pull ups off the gym rings and hanging leg raises. Followed this up with a slow 5 km walk with the dog 1/2 over soft sand beach rocks and bush tracks. This got the flem moving..... First exercise I have done all week besides coughing which is surprisingly a great ab workout...

Cheers
                    "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

Comment

• Originally posted by fat belly frog View Post
                      Had the flu the last couple of days so have taken it easy today doing my mad methods Ba Duan Jin (8 fine exercises for relaxing and restoration.

My Mad Methods - 8 Fine Exercises Warm Up for Relaxing, Recovery & Restoration

Then did week three of the you are your own gym basic program ( push strength) which consisted of three sets of 12 reps with 2 min break between sets of the following

Pushups
                      Elevated military press
                      Close grip push ups
                      Dips

Then did a few slow sets to failure of pull ups off the gym rings and hanging leg raises. Followed this up with a slow 5 km walk with the dog 1/2 over soft sand beach rocks and bush tracks. This got the flem moving..... First exercise I have done all week besides coughing which is surprisingly a great ab workout...

Cheers
                      Looks good mate, I still cant get that app to download. Highly annoying.

Richard
                      It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Comment

• Walked the dog 2.2 miles

Three Rounds:
                        Push Ups x 20
                        Vee Ups x 20
                        Close Grip Pull Ups x 10
                        Jump Rope x 50
                        Kettlebell Snatches x 10 each side
                        Medicine Ball Slams x 10
                        Ice Skater Jumps x 10 each side.

Wanted to go five rounds, but started getting pretty fatigued and didn't want to reinjure the back. Active rest tomorrow.

Comment

• Slow jog walk jog doing Couch 2 five km program 90 secs running 2mins walking did this for 40mins until the calf muscle went ping. Oh well back to resting and icing it......
                          "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

Comment

• Walked the dog 2.5 miles

Two mile treadmill run - 15:10

Comment

• 3 x 5 min AMRAPs with 2 min breaks in between
                              AMRAP 1
                              3 x Hand Stand Push Ups
                              6 x Sumo Deadlift High Puls (75#)
                              AMRAP 2
                              4 x Thruster (75#)
                              8 x Pull Ups
                              AMRAP 3
                              5 x KB Swing (70#)
                              10 x Med Ball Slams (20#)

Made a total of 22 rounds when time was up.
                              "Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they will collapse. But the VERY BEST men know that the mind tires before the body and push themselves beyond all limits. Only when all of these limits have been shattered can the unattainable be reached." ~Dan Gable

Comment

• Has anyone heard of the HughesFIT Blast Training? A friend of mine found this book, I wanted a change so I did one of the leg workouts. I can honestly say I have not had a workout like this in a long time. What a great changeup.

Barbell Squats: Increasing weight with each set: 135-20, 145-15, 155-12, 165-10, 175-10, 185-10, 195-10
                                Dumbbell Lunges: Done 15 reps each leg for a total of 3 sets: 30-15, 20-15, 20-15
                                Leg Extensions: Increasing weight each set, hold each rep and squeeze at top: 15, 12, 12
                                Laying down Leg Curls: Increasing weight each set, work the negative: 15,12,12
                                Leg Press: Use moderate weight, take as many sets as possible to complete 75 total reps: 32, 30, 16

I added:
                                Standing Calf raises - 2 sets
                                Sitting calf raises - 2 sets
                                6 sets Crunches (4 Machines, 2 Rope Pull Down)
                                4 sets of pull-ups (2 shoulder width, wide, close)

I can't sit down at my desk at work....legs shaking

Comment

Working...
                                X