No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walked over to the sports fields with my yoga mat today.

Warmup: 2 rounds of 10 squats, 10 situps, 10 supermans, 10 pushups, 30 second plank

Workout: Run one lap of the track, then 30 squats. Was going to do 5 rounds but the sun was brutal today. Did 3 rounds and decided to quit because my brain was baking.

Next time I'll do that one early in the morning or in the evening once things start to cool off--I was there about 11:30 am, and with the heat plus the UV index, it was not such a good time to go running around on the track in the sun. PB Law #8: don't do stupid things.

I may also go out for a nice leisurely bike ride later today.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by tfarny View Post
      Tomorrow - moving house out of a 4th floor walkup. Functional fitness baby!
      Heh. Having been in a relationship with a mover for the last 5 years, I can definitely attest to the effectiveness of moving furniture and boxes as a way to build some pretty impressive strength.
      “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
        Running 13 miles down a mountain... in vibrams... while nearly 11 weeks pregnant and diabetic.
        WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE?
        Pfft... I see you using gravity to your advantage... cheater.

Actually, that's pretty damn impressive.

Comment

• For me, hangboard workout today, because my climbing trip just got washed out by t-storms.

Comment

• 5 rounds
            15 24" box jumps
            20 ring push ups
            25 GHD sit-up
            10 pull ups
            19:23
            "Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they will collapse. But the VERY BEST men know that the mind tires before the body and push themselves beyond all limits. Only when all of these limits have been shattered can the unattainable be reached." ~Dan Gable

Comment

• Feeling a little creaky today, so just went straight up cardio:

Stairmaster 20:00 - 2.4 miles, 114 floors

Treadmill Run 10:00 1.6 miles

Going to try to do some supported weights tomorrow if the back is agreeable
              "Suffer no guilt yee who wield this in the name of Crom"
              Quote on the Father's Sword

Comment

• Quick Olly lift drop stets:

Clean & Jerk 9, 7, 5, 4, 3, 1 @ 55kg.
                Snatch: 9, 7, 5, 3, 2, 1 @ 55kg

I need some more weights to get some dead-lifting going.
                All the best!

PDJ

The quieter you become the more you're able to hear.

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

Comment

• Monday : Squats : 340x8, 305x9, 270x10
                  Wednesday : Bench : 295x7, 265x8, 235x9 : Golf
                  Friday : Deadlifts : 410x8, 365x9, 315x8 : Golf
                  Saturday : Flag Football
                  I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Comment

• I walked about 6 km about town, climbed a 32 m high tower, did 10 mins yoga, 20 mins resistance exercises, 20 mins interval sprints on a cross trainer, 10 mins low level cardio on a cross-trainer, 5 mins steps with high-impact jumping.
                    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

• Walked the dog 2.2 miles

Trial #1: Bench Press - 300 lbs

Smith Machine Squat 3x10
                      Incline Rows 3x10
                      Lat Pull Downs 3x10
                      Seated Press 3x10

Straight Ellyptical (elevation 14, resistance 7) 20:00

Back felt good enough to do some supported lifts, though its still a little balky. Went down 5 pounds on bench from last year, but its probably due to doing 105 pushups straight on Saturday's trial. May restest that one later, but probably not - sometimes its just the way it goes. Legs felt a little dead on the ellyptical due to yesterdays workout.
                      "Suffer no guilt yee who wield this in the name of Crom"
                      Quote on the Father's Sword

Comment

• Well I have sat on my backside in work from 8am to 5:30 pm. Am going to go and do a hours circuit training clas at 8pm. Though must admit would rather just stay at home.
                        Tomorrow will be able to fit a walk in at lunch time.
                        I do 2 circuit trainng classes a week, 2 Zumba and lift heavy weights twice per week.

Comment

• Recovery day. Walked 2.5-3 miles at lunchtime (more for the sunshine than the exercise, although hopefully it will help with the soreness). Lots of eating and sleeping planned for after work.
                          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• 2 mile run

15 elevated push ups on yoga ball
                            15 wall balls with squats
                            10 spider man planks
                            12 tricep dips

x4

Comment

• Row
                              1000m-800m-600m-400m-200m

OH Squat
                              10-8-6-4-2

19:43/95#

*Started with Row 1000 then OH Squated 10 and so on
                              "Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they will collapse. But the VERY BEST men know that the mind tires before the body and push themselves beyond all limits. Only when all of these limits have been shattered can the unattainable be reached." ~Dan Gable

Comment

• Shoulder/tris today with cardio.
                                My Youtube Health and Fitness Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/dcdhealthfitness

Will be making more videos weekly.

Comment

Working...
                                X