What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My training today...

Two hours of Kenpo-Jujitsu...nothing like a fist or club whizzing past your head to force you to focus the mind/body/spirit...!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainer View Post
      Which mtn? Either way lets hope for good weather, enjoy!
      Well, we're actually going up for a 3 day climbing weekend, but those rocks sit on mountains, so we've got to get to them somehow!

Thursday: REST. I am totally drained from 8 days straight of multi-hour outdoor activities coupled with celebrating a friend's recent promotion into the wee hours, many nights in a row. I'm going to get acupuncture for the second time in my life tonight. Not entirely sure where to ask them to stick the needles. Any thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by gini View Post
        Well, we're actually going up for a 3 day climbing weekend, but those rocks sit on mountains, so we've got to get to them somehow!

Thursday: REST. I am totally drained from 8 days straight of multi-hour outdoor activities coupled with celebrating a friend's recent promotion into the wee hours, many nights in a row. I'm going to get acupuncture for the second time in my life tonight. Not entirely sure where to ask them to stick the needles. Any thoughts?
        they know exactly where to stick the needles lol

just tell them what you are looking for (stress relief, headache relief, relaxation, etc) and they will do their magic. ive been going to this guy who does the whole thing with this burning stone on your back and smell good herbs and all sorts of things along with accupuncture. also tells me about chinese element system, chi. its a trial and error with these places, dont stop looking until you find one that really cares about making you feel good and sets up a really nice athmosphere.

Comment

• Originally posted by AntonG View Post
          they know exactly where to stick the needles lol

just tell them what you are looking for (stress relief, headache relief, relaxation, etc) and they will do their magic. ive been going to this guy who does the whole thing with this burning stone on your back and smell good herbs and all sorts of things along with accupuncture. also tells me about chinese element system, chi. its a trial and error with these places, dont stop looking until you find one that really cares about making you feel good and sets up a really nice athmosphere.
          Thank you very much for the advice!

Comment

• Todays workout will be 100% kettlebell work.

Windmills to warm up, then it's on to the gruling snatch workout!
            I'll use a 52lb KB and do 10 reps L/R for 15 rounds. Goal is to decrease time
            each time I do the workout. This one is a killer, but works me from my toes to my head!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jrc64 View Post
              Todays workout will be 100% kettlebell work.

Windmills to warm up, then it's on to the gruling snatch workout!
              I'll use a 52lb KB and do 10 reps L/R for 15 rounds. Goal is to decrease time
              each time I do the workout. This one is a killer, but works me from my toes to my head!!!
              they just bought a couple smaller ones at my gym. i wanna start doing turkish getups, is that a good one to start with or should i work some snatches in there as well?

Comment

• im going to a friends house to move dirt, chop and remove tree roots and other landscaping goodness
                sigpic

Comment

• Aha! Vick, that does make sense... All of this bar fun is fairly new to my body, the body dips really set my triceps into shock for a few days... Today, my lats are DEFINITELY feeling it from all those inverted rows, which I've never really pushed myself at before... I suppose this is also why athletic trainings say that DOMS isn't always a good indicator of an effective, intense workout--it could easily just mean your body isn't adjusted to a particular exercise. Hmm...

Gini, what are you getting acupuncture for? I REALLY want to go back for my second time too, for back numbness.. Does your insurance cover it?
                  On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• No Workout today...my back is still killing me....i'm raaaaaaaging
                    Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

Comment

• Originally posted by primal_jessjane View Post
                      Aha! I suppose this is also why athletic trainings say that DOMS isn't always a good indicator of an effective, intense workout--it could easily just mean your body isn't adjusted to a particular exercise. Hmm...
                      That's pretty much it.

DOMS really means that either you
                      a) have an abundance of lactic acid build-up
                      b) have a lot of micro trauma in the muscle
                      c) some happy combination of both.

Either way, none of those indicate progress. Sadly enough, some people still think it does. Most athletes make the best progress on programs where they rarely ever get sore, which is ideal.
                      Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

Comment

• Originally posted by AntonG View Post
                        they just bought a couple smaller ones at my gym. i wanna start doing turkish getups, is that a good one to start with or should i work some snatches in there as well?
                        I love the turkish getup! It's a great full body work out that really challenges your core. I also like kettleball swings, kettlebell sumo high pulls, and kettleball snatches. I think the biggest my gym has are 35#ers.

Originally posted by primal_jessjane View Post

Gini, what are you getting acupuncture for? I REALLY want to go back for my second time too, for back numbness.. Does your insurance cover it?
                        Well, I had originally bought a groupon for two sessions just because I wanted try it out. I have some stiffness in my right shoulder and left hip that I'll probably ask about.

Comment

• I sprinted rectangles around my backyard cutting like a running back at each corner, making my dog crazy with excitement and finished each one with a full speed dive into the pool then sprint/swam across it and back as fast as I could... 20 times. Is this a good imitation of evading a predator? The dog started joining me in the leap into the pool. God that was fun! Roger the next door neighbor is convinced I've gone insane. Whatever. He and his wife do Weight Watchers and worry about the giant hunks of flesh I grill several times a week

Comment

• Gini, how much is that putting you back? My insurance covers most of it, I just have a co-pay of about 35$. Kind of like my "treat". ;-)

Grol, my neighbors always look at me like I'm insane when I do those sort of workouts too! When I first moved in with my roommates, they used to just come out and watch me very confused as I performed lunges with a log over my head and lugged heavy tires across the lawn. They don't know what they're missing!! ;-)

Fury, what's wrong with your back man?

Workout this morning:
                            Round & Round Workout (thanks Godzilla!) ... I didn't find it to be a very cardio-demanding workout like I hoped it'd be, the most difficult part was the dive bomb push-ups and the ladders. Took me about a half hour.
                            On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• Grol, I love this post! Your dog must have had a fantastic time.
                              My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
                              On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Comment

• Originally posted by primal_jessjane View Post
                                Gini, how much is that putting you back? My insurance covers most of it, I just have a co-pay of about 35$. Kind of like my "treat". ;-)
                                It was $49 for two acupuncture sessions. Sounds like a great treat!

Comment

Working...
                                X