No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday: 3 hours of climbing conditioning inside. Can't wait to get back outside soon.

Comment

• Tonight will be 15 minutes of alternating between:

Sledgehammer swings X 20 L/R
      Kettlebell snatches X 5 L/R (63lb KB)

Going for as many rounds as I can get in 15 minutes!!!

Comment

• Clean & Jerk 225 x 5 singles; 230 x 2 singles
        Kettlebell Snatch 35 x 5 x 10
        Snatch Grip Deadlifts 205 x 7; 215 x 5, 5, 5

Nursing my lower back now...fffffffuuuuuuuuu!!!!!
        Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

Comment

• Week 1, Day 2, Level 1 of the One Hundred Pushups program, plus 5 squats during every rest period. Overdid the caffeine and involuntarily danced like a crazy person for the remainder of each rest period. Going out for a lot of slow movement this afternoon.

Stats as of 3/1/12:
          5'10" female, 38 y/o
          Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
          WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
          DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
          EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.

Comment

• Hiked up Ragged Mtn to spectacular views of Penobscot Bay (Atlantic Ocean). Didn't wear the aqua shoes as I am still breaking in my feet and its a rather rocky climb. Took some awesome pics, here's one, probably have to wait until its approved.
            Attached Files
            You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainer View Post
              Hiked up Ragged Mtn to spectacular views of Penobscot Bay (Atlantic Ocean). Didn't wear the aqua shoes as I am still breaking in my feet and its a rather rocky climb. Took some awesome pics, here's one, probably have to wait until its approved.
              Hooray for hiking in Maine! Can't wait to get up to the Western part over 4th of July weekend myself.

Comment

• Biomechanical changes??? Hmm... I take in about 2500 IU of vit D a day, plus a good amount of calcium. Do you think the DOMS reflects the intensity of a workout?

Today:
                Played on the bars for a good forty five minutes or so. SLOOOW, deliberate movements. I haven't really been doing sets or reps, just being REALLY mindful of what I'm doing and keeping the tension on the muscle as long as I can withstand before dropping. Is this ideal for building STRENGTH or MASS would you say??? Mass is certainly not my goal here... And would this, could this, be considered heavy lifting?? My arms are DEFINITELY fatigued!

Also going for a long mountain hike with my buddy Jaki this evening. :-) Can't wait to get on the trails again with my BIKE!!
                On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• As kids we always experienced DOMS with the change of seasons and sports. When hockey ended and baseball started your throwing arm always was suffering from DOMS the first few practices.

" Do you think the DOMS reflects the intensity of a workout?"

Nope. My workouts are about as intense as one can get... so intense they don't last long. I do remember the last time I had DOMS. It was last Nov. I did a Spartan 300 and it killed me for about 5 days. The reason I remember was because I did just before the deer hunt to see what shape I was in and because of the DOMS I was "dying" the first few days of the hunt.

The funny thing is despite doing a couple spartan 300's since then I've not experienced DOMS since Nov. Yet only doing them once every three months... you think I would. The interesting point is because I'm in better shape the intensity was there but the duration was shorter.

So here is my crazy theory on DOMS. The pain is not related to intensity, but to a reasonable level of intensity with duration and possibly because you exercised in a new muscle movement.

This tells the body it must improve on synaptic facilitation. The duration may have caused some damage to the area of the nerves joining the muscles, and the body is telling you not to repeat the intensity and duration until the healing has occurred.

Once you are healed then the synaptic facilitation will have progressed to where it can handle that level of intensity and duration.

Opinions?
                  Last edited by Vick; 06-09-2010, 03:27 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Just finished 3 rounds of chalean extreme push phase (your supposed to do each one every other day to absolute failure but I seem to get better results if I do all 3 together to fatigue 1-2x a week) Ahh, now its dinner time
                    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Comment

• @SheGlowsPale

If you are going to absolute failure then you will definitely do better reducing the times per week.

This link explains why the rest is important.

http://vickology.blogspot.com/2010/0...-recovery.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Vick View Post
                        @SheGlowsPale

If you are going to absolute failure then you will definitely do better reducing the times per week.

This link explains why the rest is important.

http://vickology.blogspot.com/2010/0...-recovery.html
                        Thanks for the link!...I dont know if you are familiar with the program but basically its 30 minutes a day and you works biceps/triceps/squats on 1 day, chest/back/lunges on 2nd day, and shoulders/lateral raises/sumo squats on the 3rd to complete failure at 6-8 or 10-12 reps depending on the month...however, I dont do it like the program tells me...I usually do it almost failure..like 1 or 2 reps away from complete failure and I go a teeny tiny bit faster then they do (they do it super slow so there is no momentum just muscle but its just too tedious for me at times) and I just do all three workouts together 1x a week (sometimes 2x if I dont do any other strength training that week)..I'm not sure if I'm over working all the muscles by doing it this way but I enjoy doing it like that instead of doing only 30 minutes every other day...that link seems to express that what I'm doing is a better idea if I'm understanding it correctly!
                        Last edited by SheGlowsPale; 06-09-2010, 04:01 PM.
                        The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Comment

• Either heading to the park to do some sprints/strongman training or playing tennis, all in 100+ degree Vegas heat...not fun.
                          I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

Comment

• Did an hour walk with sprints.

@SheGlowsPale If you enjoy doing it then that is 90% of the reason for success.

Comment

• Tuesday:

2 Hours of Krav Maga

Wednesday:

Round & Round Workout http://www.trainforstrength.com/workout5.shtml
                              3 x 15 Hanging Leg Raises

Comment

• Originally posted by gini View Post
                                Hooray for hiking in Maine! Can't wait to get up to the Western part over 4th of July weekend myself.
                                Which mtn? Either way lets hope for good weather, enjoy!
                                You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

Working...
                                X