Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ommmmaggie View Post
    Fun! I want your weekend.
    Come to the Vineyard! There is much fun to be had on island. Plus, you know, lots of yummy fish.

Comment

• Must....be...easy...on...back...... !!

A little sweat session, 50sec work, 10sec work for:
      backward lunge w/ front kick
      jumping jacks
      2x
      one-legged squats
      jump rope
      2x
      squat w/ leg raise
      high knees
      2x
      Repeat whole routine twice = 24 total minutes

That roast chicken smells SOOO damn good right now...
      On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• 90 mins BJJ for lunch
        Rangers Lead the Way, Hooah!

Comment

• Sprints in my back yard. 15 minutes, alternating sprints and jog.
          "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Comment

• cut the lawn, went for an hour walk and threw a couple of sprints in to boot.

Comment

• Yesterday:
              Snatch 175x2 180x2 185x2,2,2 190x1 195x1
              Clean & Jerk 225x2 230x2 235x6 singles
              Front Squat 260 x 10 x 2
              Alternating KB Overhead Press 35x20,15,10,5
              One Arm Lat Pull-down 75x15,15
              Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

Comment

• Biking ALL DAY. My ass is killing me, especially from all the booty work yesterday... This morning I went on a mission when I woke up to fetch a package of BACON to cook up some chicken livers for breakfast (ughhhhh....it had an almost powder consistency..over-cooked??)

How often do you guys experience DOMS? I'm always quite a bit sore the next day after a tough little workout. Which I suppose, is a good thing? I'm not big into stretching, but I've read multiple times before that stretching after a workout doesn't necessarily reduce DOMS... I thought it might have to do with potassium levels, but does that really have any effect on muscle aches the day AFTER??? Hmm....
                On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• 30 minutes of cardio intervals (my version of "sprints") this morning...and I just came back from a 4 mile walk
                  The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Comment

• 4 x 30 second sprints

Comment

• @ jess I honestly don't remember the last time I experienced DOMS.

some scientists now think that biochemical changes in the muscle may increase nerve sensitivity, leading to muscle pain.

Comment

• Originally posted by primal_jessjane View Post
                        How often do you guys experience DOMS? I'm always quite a bit sore the next day after a tough little workout. Which I suppose, is a good thing? I'm not big into stretching, but I've read multiple times before that stretching after a workout doesn't necessarily reduce DOMS... I thought it might have to do with potassium levels, but does that really have any effect on muscle aches the day AFTER??? Hmm....
                        I used to get severe DOMS the next day after a workout. Last two months, it has diminished a lot as I started supplementing with Vitamin D/Calcium. I also drink a lot of water and cold green tea, and that has restarted my fat loss again and may have also suppressed DOMS. I'm doing sprints about once a week and they used to make me very stiff. Not so much anymore. Same w/kettlebells, bodyweight and weight workouts.

Comment

• Power Snatch 180x9 singles Snatch 175x2,2,2,2,2
                          Back Squat 245 x 8 x 5
                          Weighted Dips 80 x 4 x 5
                          Narrow Grip Pull-ups 12,10,8,6,4,2
                          Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

Comment

• 30 minute walk, 25 minute interval jog, 1 hour yoga.

Comment

• 1/2 hour walk and then convict conditioning.
                              I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

• Tuesday:

Warmup:
                                20 situps
                                20 incline bench leg lowers
                                2x30 body weight squats
                                2x15 pushups

2x12 dumbbell clean and jerks
                                2x20 flutter kicks on the incline bench
                                2x16 romanian deadlifts
                                2x10 burpees