No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going for 405 on deadlift today. I've been working up to it for the past 6 months, so I'm pretty excited, but trying not to psych myself out. Wish me luck! If I succeed, I will also be posting in the "Share a triumph" thread.

5/3/1 Deadlift
    -------------------
    Warmup with 135 and 225
    5x315
    3x365
    1+x405 (going to try for a triple)
    Reverse pyramids:
    365x4-5
    315x6
    275x8
    A few more sets if I feel up to it
    ----------------------------------------
    Kettlebell swings: 15x3x60lbs
    Tactical Lunges: 16x3x40lbs (still learning these)
    Possibly some single leg DL with KBs also.

I succeeded in my goal. Got 405x3 (See the "Share a triumph!" thread for video). I ended up doing about what I'd laid out above for DL, but did some front squats with a friend after that, working up to 205. I also did the KB swings and lunges, but not the single leg DLs.
    Last edited by yodiewan; 09-23-2011, 07:31 AM. Reason: Success!

Comment

• Originally posted by thebiggfella View Post
      I'll be doing 30 mins on the Concept 2 rowing machine on 20th September and I'll be gunning for my PB
      And got it. Back of the net!

Comment

• Ha, ankle weights are my own, from the Buns of Steel days (leg lifts and raises, they recommended adding 5 to 10 lbs to them, LOL!)
        And Jess, sounds like a big day training for you, have a great recovery!

Yesterday: actually felt decent in teh afternoon, so had a mini-workout during daughter's skating class. Swings, snatches, figure 8 & side bends with 30 & 20 lbs KBs; 3x50 jump rope, and then a dash up the ramp and accross the rec centre, about 15-17 min total time. The 1 hour belaying the kiddo up the wall (she almost made it to the top, WOOT!), not sure if it is much of a fat-burner. Then we strolled a little shopping for her hair accessories & had a supper. I am starting to have girls' nights out with my 5 y.o., is it pathetic or nice?

Today: Madcow, the 3&8 reps day:

SQT (129 masx (3 reps)), BP (83 max - 4 reps, good ones too), BBR (91 lbs 3 reps that sucked badly); IR, 3 sets of something. Deltoid raises - couldn't do with 17.5 and gave up. WIll go for a long walk at lunch! Professional Development day so do not have to rush home, just a normal work day, YAY!!!
        Last edited by Leida; 09-23-2011, 07:25 AM.
        My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
        When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• Walked the dog 1.5 miles
          "Suffer no guilt yee who wield this in the name of Crom"
          Quote on the Father's Sword

Comment

• Wendler 5/3/1 with 30 minute walk

Good workout. Got 6 reps on my last set of bench (1 rep prescribed) after jumping 10 lbs more than prescribed.

Comment

• Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
              I'm going for 405 on deadlift today. I've been working up to it for the past 6 months, so I'm pretty excited, but trying not to psych myself out. Wish me luck! If I succeed, I will also be posting in the "Share a triumph" thread.

5/3/1 Deadlift
              -------------------
              Warmup with 135 and 225
              5x315
              3x365
              1+x405 (going to try for a triple)
              Reverse pyramids:
              365x4-5
              315x6
              275x8
              A few more sets if I feel up to it
              ----------------------------------------
              Kettlebell swings: 15x3x60lbs
              Tactical Lunges: 16x3x40lbs (still learning these)
              Possibly some single leg DL with KBs also.

I succeeded in my goal. Got 405x3 (See the "Share a triumph!" thread for video). I ended up doing about what I'd laid out above for DL, but did some front squats with a friend after that, working up to 205. I also did the KB swings and lunges, but not the single leg DLs.
              Nice! Well done ! I'm hoping to get get 550 on my deads by year end.

Comment

• Walked the dog 2.2 miles

Bench Press 10-10-10
                T-Bar Row 10-10-10
                Back Squat 10-10-10
                Pull Ups 3x10
                Dips 3x15
                Deadlift 10-10-10
                Barbell Curls 3x8
                "Suffer no guilt yee who wield this in the name of Crom"
                Quote on the Father's Sword

Comment

• I walked about 3 miles today to lunch and back. Had some cajun with (presumably) sugary sauce and white rice. My best buddy is in town, and we're going to drink beer tonight....so I'm going to file all of today in my 20%. I had a really good primal salad for a snack, with some dark chocolate. Tomorrow is a new day.

Comment

• Wild bike sprints yesterday after eating some straight-up "healthy, low-fat" free frozen yogurt with candies and whatnot. Was curious if the sugar would put me into beast mode ... Not really a difference at all. Totally not worth cheating on stuff like that when it kills your stomach later anyway!

Quickie at the Gym
                    120x3, 140x3, 155x9 glute bridge
                    40x3, 45x3, 50x5 OHP (ugh)
                    6-5-4-5-6 chins and dips
                    ~7 miles biking

Felt like just the right amount of volume. Thinking that my midnight hunger pains and (very) interrupted sleep habits have to do with low cortisol in the middle of the night or an adrenal issue. Sometimes you don't realize how wound up you are until you really allow yourself to slip into a meditative state. It's like... Oh, THIS is what calm feels like...... Should probably reduce my volume from here on out and stop biking like a bat out of hell so often, my heart just gets RACING!

BR... How do you know what your "prescribed" reps are? I always just assumed the last PR set was like, 10.
                    CoS... I had the same salad snack and dark chocolate today! I have decided my dairy-free, 90% dark Lindt chocolate is really not so bad. I equate a square to say, a tablespoon of cooking fat. I think there's only 12 grams of sugar in a whole bar, plus a good amount of fiber and releases feel-good chemicals (I think we all need a little of that these days...) I really don't see anything wrong with it unless it stimulates unnecessary cravings or if you're eating several bars a week, you know?
                    On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• Wild bike sprints yesterday after eating some straight-up "healthy, low-fat" free frozen yogurt with candies and whatnot. Was curious if the sugar would put me into beast mode ... Not really a difference at all. Totally not worth cheating on stuff like that when it kills your stomach later anyway!

Quickie at the Gym
                      120x3, 140x3, 155x9 glute bridge
                      40x3, 45x3, 50x5 OHP (ugh)
                      6-5-4-5-6 chins and dips
                      ~7 miles biking

Felt like just the right amount of volume. Thinking that my midnight hunger pains and (very) interrupted sleep habits have to do with low cortisol in the middle of the night or an adrenal issue. Sometimes you don't realize how wound up you are until you really allow yourself to slip into a meditative state. It's like... Oh, THIS is what calm feels like...... Should probably reduce my volume from here on out and stop biking like a bat out of hell so often, my heart just gets RACING!

BR... How do you know what your "prescribed" reps are? I always just assumed the last PR set was like, 10.
                      CoS... I had the same salad snack and dark chocolate today! I have decided my dairy-free, 90% dark Lindt chocolate is really not so bad. I equate a square to say, a tablespoon of cooking fat. I think there's only 12 grams of sugar in a whole bar, plus a good amount of fiber and releases feel-good chemicals (I think we all need a little of that these days...) I really don't see anything wrong with it unless it stimulates unnecessary cravings or if you're eating several bars a week, you know?
                      On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• The Tactical Strength Challenge (TSC)

Deadlift: 165 lbs (huge PR)
                        Pullups: 0 ( )
                        5 minutes kettlebell snatch: 104 reps @ 12 kg

Comment

• Oh - fantastic PWO meal: dump some canned pumpkin and lite coconut milk into a saucepan on low-medium heat. Add nutmeg, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, etc. Let simmer for a few minutes and enjoy!

Comment

• Originally posted by primal_jessjane View Post
                            Depending what the rep scheme is for the last set in Wendler's whether it's your week of 5's, 3's or 5/3/1 (final set), your "prescribed" reps for that final set are either 5, 3 or 1. Anything you get above the prescribed reps on the last set is gravy. With this program, on your week of 5's, for instance, all you REALLY have to do on that last set is 5 reps but Wendler suggests that you rep out as many as possible leaving 1 or 2 in the tank.

Comment

• Wendler 5/3/1 with 30 minute walk

Comment

• Originally posted by CoS View Post
                                I walked about 3 miles today to lunch and back. Had some cajun with (presumably) sugary sauce and white rice. My best buddy is in town, and we're going to drink beer tonight....so I'm going to file all of today in my 20%. I had a really good primal salad for a snack, with some dark chocolate. Tomorrow is a new day.
                                Walked another 2 miles while drunk. Good exercise haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X