Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 minutes of Walking 10.0 incline 3.2 mph

Comment

• I won't be training today but my last workout was on 17th September when I did one set of weighted chins to positive, static and negative failure and one set of deadlifts to positive failure which took 2 minutes and 50 seconds altogether. I'll be doing 30 mins on the Concept 2 rowing machine on 20th September and I'll be gunning for my PB and then weights again on 23rd September.

Comment

• Great Madcow yesterday, no failures!!!

SQT (126 lbs max); WO: 215 lbs; LO: 265 lbs; BP (82 lbs!!! max); BBR (89 lbs max), pull-ups, chin-ups, dips, a couple of sets of Inverted rows; but deltoids were not so great, only 2 sets with 17.5 and crappy.
        Stretched for 40 min while the kiddo was playing and splashed with her in a pool for a bit. Also, managed to lift myself in a back bow, WOOT!!!! Last time I did it, I was a teenager.
        Stroll with the family through the park - actually a good long stroll.

I do not want to talk about my 5th rep on 82 lbs, the side-wayness, the groaning and the sliding on the bench things, but it was a rep, not just rack. So, trying 83 now!!!!!

the most amazing thing: not tired today, because lifting was 1st thing yesterday, and I ate like a champ!

It's raining though, so I am thinking we'll go play in the pool today with the kiddo instead of playground. If I take it easy today, I will be able to do a Madcow with DL tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I am running out of exclamation marks, so I better stop. But, boy, I am so happy with my Madcow this time. Sheesh, the 95 lbs lift-off on the bench ain't feeling that bad no more either. Coul;d be I am only a few months away from 95 lbs bench. Yes?
        My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
        When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• 1hr 35 mins walking dogs

then usual 3xreps of 20 air squats, 20 lunges, 20 supermans, 60sec planks, 20 dumbell rows, 10 assisted push ups, 1 pull up & 2 chins up,

Then pull up or chin up whenever I walk past door bar - combo of 4 so far today.

Comment

• I'm doing P90X Back and Biceps today. 3rd day in my dorm, where I don't have a pull-up bar, but I can set up some bands/homemade TRX straps to simulate.

Comment

• Sunday,10k run incorporating 0.8 mile steep hill (the"Wizard", Alderley Edge) about a third of the way round,killer.
              sigpic

Comment

• Walked the dog 2 miles

Yoga 90:00

Kenpo 60:00
                "Suffer no guilt yee who wield this in the name of Crom"
                Quote on the Father's Sword

Comment

• Yay Leida!! Are you sure you are ready to tackle the 83 lbs, given that your 82 lbs was not perfect? ;-) Remember strength training is a lifelong journey, not a sprint! Don't hurt yourself, girl! :-) Do you have any back/shoulder pain? Sometimes I wonder, I'm pretty strong for my size already, am I doing more harm than good pushing the weights like I do? 'Cause I'm like you, I'll be crying with agony before I tap out. Buuuut, is that good!??

Saturday: Meant to do Crossfit with my man, but we got lost and they had already started. But we DID accidently come across this great park with some dirt trails, so we chased each other around in our matching Vibrams, did some sprints and some inverted rows and push-ups for about an hour. Love my man :-) :-)

Sunday: 24 mile bikeride with dad, took us 2hrs. 62 and he's still got it!

Today:
                  115x5, 130x5, 145x11 Glute Bridge (sweet! 1 more rep than last time.)
                  40x5x5, 30x10x1, 45x7x1 OH Press (I want to get better but they seem even WORSE! Did lots of sets instead...)
                  8x4 Push Ups
                  12x3 Glute "Wall Pushes"
                  7x2 Dips, guy was yelling at me, PUUUUSH IT!! He thought I was 30. Uhhh... Barely 21 buddy, thanks... ;-)
                  + more biking, because I am an ADDICT! Tomorrow I get to watch my boyfriend make his first loaf of coconut flour bread. He's doing very well with diet considering he lives on a naval base. .. Do any military men reading this, he uses a "crockpot" that cooks in the microwave. A whole rotiserrie in 20 minutes! Really great for the circumstance...
                  On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• Sunday was a lifting day - unfortunately it was also a drop-a-45-pound-plate-on-my-foot day. Someone overloaded one of the weight stands at the gym so a 45 lb plate was just barely hanging on the edge, and when I went to take another plate off... well, ouch... still managed to squat(weight hit near the toes so I could push off the middle/back of the foot pain-free) on it and finish the workout.

Was worried it might be broken last night, but it's definitely improving and I'm going to give it another day or two and see how it goes. I'm not going to do any running/sprinting until I'm sure it's okay - so I went to the gym and did an interval session on the bike there. I really need to get a fluid trainer for my road bike for when it's dark/raining/ridiculously cold outside. The bikes at the gym just don't fit me well.

Comment

• Wendler 5/3/1 with 30 minute walk

Comment

• walk dogs about 1hr & 30 mins, pull up or chin up every time I walk past door bar (combo of 6 so far)

2 x 20 air squats.

Comment

• Walked the dog 1.5 miles

Five Rounds:

Side to Side Crawling Pushups x 10
                          Alternating 3 Point Supine Bridge x 10
                          Dumbell Rows x 10 each side
                          Jump Rope x 50
                          Kettlebell Swings x 20
                          Mountain Climbers x 20

16:44
                          "Suffer no guilt yee who wield this in the name of Crom"
                          Quote on the Father's Sword

Comment

• Sunday was a lifting day - unfortunately it was also a drop-a-45-pound-plate-on-my-foot day.
                            OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOrry to hear that, but it is a relief it was not broken, people who do not put weights away correctly are JERKS!!!

Wee, Jessjane is back, and yay for your ride. My mom is 60, and she bikes like 25 K every day, those senoirs are SCARY, I tell ya!

Yay Leida!! Are you sure you are ready to tackle the 83 lbs, given that your 82 lbs was not perfect? ;-) Remember strength training is a lifelong journey, not a sprint! Don't hurt yourself, girl! :-) Do you have any back/shoulder pain? Sometimes I wonder, I'm pretty strong for my size already, am I doing more harm than good pushing the weights like I do? 'Cause I'm like you, I'll be crying with agony before I tap out. Buuuut, is that good!??
                            Nope, I have no injury, though my wrists told NOPE to the handstands MadCow is great in that you start each new PR at 3 reps, not full 5. Mehdi sais to advance, even if the rep was not perfect. After all, I would just stall at 83, is all.

Sorry about your OHP, I am doing mine today, and DL. Yep, that's the plan, Madcow and KB's one legged deadlift. Can't wait!!!
                            My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                            When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• I played 3 games of racquetball with a friend of mine. I have been working out barefoot all summer, except when I sprint. I don't know if my tennis shoes were too tight, the wrong kind of shoe, or the floor, but my legs and feet were killing me. It was starting to give me back and hip pain too. It quickly turned from "play" to just being pissed off at the pain and poor performance. I think I'm going to do some yoga and jump rope to loosen up.

Comment

• Leida - I was talking to another personal trainer/massage therapist in my physical therapist program today, and he was saying how he has seen time and time again his clients getting burned out doing those types of programs that want you to PR so frequently. It reminded me of you. :-( Just be extra careful to be aware of any burning out symptoms... You have to drag yourself to the gym, you wake up frequently in the middle of the night, you're cranky... Otherwise hit it! I disagree with Medhi about going for it even if your reps were not perfect. Personally... I think that's irresponsible and not healthy. :-( No offense but this is my opinion - safety and health first!!
                                On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

Working...
                                X