No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wendler 5/3/1 bench press day with 30 minutes treadmill 8.0 incline 3.0 mph (w/ 20 lb weighted vest)

Deload week for me...

Comment

• Walked the dog 2.5 miles

Power Cleans 1-1-1-1-1-1
      Push Press 3-3-3-3-3
      Dead Hang Pull Ups 5x5
      "Suffer no guilt yee who wield this in the name of Crom"
      Quote on the Father's Sword

Comment

• Walked through the woods and did some planks before breakfast (which was at 6pm) and then went for a run at about 10pm.
        In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• Wendler 5/3/1 squat day....deload, nice & easy.

Comment

• Walked the dog 3 miles

Hammer Strength Incline Press 5-4-3-2-1
            Rear Delt Raises 10-10-10
            Seated Parallel Close Grip Rows 10-10-10
            Front Squats 5-5-5-5-5
            Good Mornings 5-5-5-5-5
            Lat Pull Downs 5-5-5-5-5

Comment

• Technically it was trespassing, but just got in from walking some 100-lb concrete bags back and forth on a construction site nearby. Combined with sprints and lifting some boulders over my head, then walking about a mile.

Comment

• Nick, how often do you up your weights?

Just bought a NEW GYM MEMBERSHIP today!! :-)

12x65#, 10x85#, 8x95#, 6x100#, 4x105# reverse lunges
                6x5x105# box squat
                3x10 single-leg hip thrust
                5x5x45# shoulder press

Does anyone else notice that if they have an unusually high amount of sugar the day before they feel stronger in their next gym session?
                On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• Anyone heard of scrambling? It's like hiking but through terrain that makes my friends whine. I did that and a bit of running(over a field with my dog).
                  In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• 60 minutes of walking 8.0 incline 3.0 mph (20 lb weighted vest)

Comment

• Ellyptical (Elevation 15, Resistance 8, s/m 220) 20:00

Walked the dog 2 miles

Comment

• I am a stubborn, stubborn woman, so I did get a swim in on Friday. As the bus was pulling into Suburbia, it became clear that the big thunderstorm was imminent, so I phoned hubby, and told him to pick the kiddo & meet me in the pool. Once we met at the rec centre, the thunderstorm was in earnest and kicked out the power. Which meant pool closed till they tested the water for chlorine release. So, we just 'toughed' it out in the wading pool, hot tub and steam room. I am telling you, I descend from mules, not monkeys! Tried the fins out. GREAT for muscules, just right! Alas, the size is too large, so when i was trying the butterfly I pulled the littl' muscule behind the knee. That's 2 small injuries in the last week, so I started watching for over-training.

Saturday: deloaded Madcow/3x5 combo (SQT @ 110, WO @ 195, 250, BP @ 73, BBR @ 77; pull-ups/chin-ups, high leg raises), Yardwork, and since my family tagged along to the pool with me in the evening, I put in a short swim without fins, pure recover.
                        Sunday: Yardwork (I would argue that pulling out a humangous iris counted almost as weight lifting, lol)

Today: due to scheduling consideration did deloaded Madcow/3x5 combo (SQT @ 83, OHP @ 54, DL @ 154 + 1 rep of 185, chins/pull-ups) . I forgot the cardinal rule of DL: lift in LONG pants, so I got the last week's DL squab off the shin, and it messed with my form a little, since no matter how much the mind commands 'close to the shins, stupid', the instinct freaksout at the sight of blood. I hoped to pull 2x185 lbs, but no go on the second rep

My MadCow cycle ends up with 5x189 lbs, in 8 weeks, I do not know how I am going to pull that! But anything over 5x175 will be a PR, so on we go. Need to eat more.
                        Last edited by Leida; 08-08-2011, 07:06 AM.
                        My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                        When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• Wendler 5/3/1

Overhead press day....deload

Comment

• Circuit training:
                            3 sets of: L-pull ups, airborne lunges and push ups.

Comment

• Walking and Kettlebells day today. Can't wait to get to the gym to toss the KBs about a bit.

Been to a foot doctor yesterday, he thinks with orthodics I will be able to run again, no problems. So, sprinting may be in the cards. The fins are exchangeable, yay! So, good news all around.

The foot doctor looked at my honestly put list of 'excersise a week' and said that I am so active, it made him feel ashamed. That's the third doctor who tells me something along those lines. Honestly, doctors need to follow their own advice more or something.
                              My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                              When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• @Leida, I'm currently in a physical therapist assistant program and we touched upon the same thing... Practicing what we preach. However, we're also told not to be prejudice and assume somebody doesn't know what they're talking about just because they don't "walk the walk". Just look at Mark Rippetoe... ;-)

Haven't done any serious metabolic work in a long while. Now I remember why. ;-) This one really put me on my ass!
                                30 "box" jumps, step elevated 6 blocks
                                30 push presses (30#)
                                30 one-arm DB swings (15#)
                                30 walking lunges
                                2x in ~18mins

I meant to do only 15 minutes, but I barely finished the push presses so I just extended the time a little. It was AWFUL. Some dude was standing behind me trying to talk to me about who even remembers while I was doing my box jumps. REALLY?!! Can't you see I'm BUSY?!?? Sheesh ;-)
                                On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

Working...
                                X