No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.5 mile greenway bike ride. I actually road by bike up heartbreak hill for the first time since going Primal 2 months ago. I felt noticeably stronger today.

Comment

• a walk

Comment

• 90+ min walk with the pooch.

Comment

• I don't pump much iron. I do mostly bodyweight, kettlebells and sprints. Decided to change it up a bit so did this in the gym:

Deadlift 110 pounds 5+5+5+5+5+5+10+10+5+5 (yeah, I went nuts here. I rarely deadlift and was experimenting with form. I should keep deadlifts to low rep number like 1-3 and go heavier but wanted to see how it feels.)

Goblet Squat 52 pounds 5 x 20

Bench Press 132 pounds 12+10+10+8+6

Military Press 44 pounds 12+11+12+10+10

Pullups 10+10+7+5+4

Ab Roller 5 x 10

Hanging Leg Raises 5 x 10

Comment

• soccer field sprints x8 with very little to no rest - jogged home (5 min) and then shovelglove for 14 mintues.
            I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

• Overhead Press - 12-10-8-6-4

7:00 max rounds of:
              Pull Ups x 3
              Push Ups x 6
              Squats x 9

Comment

• Military press: 4 sets of 4-6
                Lateral raise: 4 sets of 4-6
                Trap bar shrugs: 4 sets of 4-6
                My photography:
                http://www.swiftimages.net

Comment

• Today is booty+leg day. :-) Those one-legged squats are KILLER! Did mobility drills afterward. I love the dorsiflexion ones... I am one on my way to getting into a deep squat!

100 Walking Lunges (10# each hand)
                  75 One-legged Hops
                  50 One-legged Squats
                  25 Squats (20#)
                  15 Jump Squats
                  5 Hill Sprints
                  ~30min. in-town bikeriding
                  On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• @Jess or anyone else that cares to answer

How many days did you workout hard this week and what did you expect to gain?

Comment

• Well, I try to work out hard EVERY time I work out... ;-) What do I expect to gain? Strength, stamina, endurance through HIIT workouts and bodyweight/lifting sessions. And all the positive internal bodily reactions that occur (regarding insulin, metabolism, appetite, etc.) And a body to show for it of course! ;-)
                      On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• Surfing for hopefully 2.5+ hours

Comment

• Don't take this wrong because I know you are in great shape. I'm exploring motivation and results.

How do you measure results? The mirror of course is a good. So are complements.

Are you using any others milestones or gauges to measure your improvements?

How do you measure improvement?

Comment

• CrossFit affiliate WOD (man I love this stuff)

Warmup:
                            800 meter run

3 Rounds of:
                            15 body squats
                            15 kettle ball swings
                            15 overhead presses
                            15 glute-hang developer situps

WOD:
                            3 Rounds:
                            20 x Squat Clean Thrusters (95 lbs)
                            40 x Box Jumps (24")

Time: ~21:30 minutes

Comment

• Low level exercise: shopping and field work. 3.5 hours total.
                              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• 4 "block" runs (I basically run around the block... and sprint for the last section. I live on the corner so once I turn the 3rd corner I go all out... it's probably about 80 - 100 meters)
                                Lift heavy things
                                6x bench 115lbs; 5 reps
                                6x skull crushers 30lbs (plus however much a curl bar weighs); 5 reps
                                6x shoulder press 50lbs; 5 reps
                                6x 2 pullups (that's the most I can do at one time right now ... slowly getting better though. A year ago I couldn't do any).
                                Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X