What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by primal_jessjane View Post
    Gini, I took off from this thread for awhile too. I've been recording it in a notebook instead. How often were you working with a trainer? 2x a week, right?
    Hey Jess! It's been a while . Yeah, I training 2x a week with olymic lifts, isometric movements etc. How is your training job going?

Comment

• Training tomorrow (5x5)

Squat 102,5 kg (225.97 pounds)
      Overhead press 50 kg (110 pounds)
      Deadlift 125 kg (275 pounds)

Ive had an unbelievable progress after quitting sugar, dairy and grains. I couldnt believe I would gain weight and build muscle on a low-carb diet, but I can. Never felt better, looked better or lifted harder =)

Comment

• Deadlift: 140# x 5, 155# x 3, 165# x 8
        OHP: 45# x 5, 50# x 3, 55 # x 2

Step Ups: 15#/hand x8, x8, x8 (realized I had been doing these backwards the entire time lol)
        Lat Pulldown: 80# x8, x8, x8

Plank: 60s w/ 5lb plate, 10 lbs plate, 25 lb plate

Sprint: 1 lap- down 1 sec!!

I was depressed about my OHP so I decided to try out some of the new exercises I'll be doing next wave, and some other stuff just because lol.

3 x 8 Bench Dips
        1 x 8 weird leg press thing
        1 x 8 machine rows
        3 x 8 knee raises
        Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
        Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
        Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
        Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Comment

• Meg, you hit your goal weight?? Lets see some results, girl! Good idea doing weighted planks. I also like to do push-ups with weights in my backpack. Try doing a pushup or two (or three, or four...) with those 25 pound plates on your back. I bet you'll be feelin' it the next day! ;-)

Gini, really, and you feel stronger without your training? I quit my training job (again...) because it isn't a steady income and required me to spend too much time hanging around NOT making money. I sort of free-lance at my school gym, and I've had people come up to me who acknowledge that I know a bit and ask me questions and such. It's really not about the money for me, but about helping people learn how to approach fitness. I actually started up a blog, although I haven't gotten very far with it... It is http://trainwithjessjane.blogspot.com (Catchy, I know haha)

As far as my own training, I started REALLY using my tennis balls for rolling and it's helped tremendously. I don't feel anymore numbness/tingling in my spine from rolling and relaxing the muscles around it, I can stand with better posture from getting out all the muscle knots around my upper traps, shoulder blades, and chest, and I can get into a much deeper squat from doing foam work on my hip flexors before EVERY session. I'm also REALLY, REALLY hammering in good technique on my exercises, and doing some serious volume work on my glutes (look up Bret Contreras, he's genious.) I was surprised at how easy it was NOT to activate your glutes during squats until I actually started doing glute-specific exercises (weighted bridges, weighted donkey kicks, etc.) Even when I walk, I can feel my glute contracting now! It is establishing that mind/body connection.... Plus, I literally have gained almost a centimeter of booty mass since I started my new butt program several weeks ago. Can't argue with those results!!
          On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• Checked out your blog - looks nice, but a bit empty....

I was surprised by your background picture, especially given that if fills the screen prominently every time a page loads :-)
            http://thorfalk.wordpress.com

Comment

• Did some "Density Training" - supposedly this will jack up my testosterone level http://thorfalk.wordpress.com/2011/0...sity-training/
              http://thorfalk.wordpress.com

Comment

• Yesterday's schedule:
                1. Move my son back into his just repainted room.
                2. 17:30 parents vs. kids hockey gameómy wife and I with said son.
                3. 20:15 league gameóSCORE FIRST GOAL!!! (since joining league)
                4. 21:30 DRINK 1 BEER
                5. 21:35 power skating

Luckily, all hockey was at the same arena!

Comment

• rode my bike 15 miles this morning

Comment

• Move slowly day:

35 minute stationary bike at 75% max heart rate
                    3k row on the C2 erg (~15 minutes)

Lucky to have this equipment at the office, so I can get in some exercise instead of sitting at my desk all day.
                    Striving to live a life extraordinary.

Comment

• Taking my kid to the park to play and so i can workout as well.

The monkey bars are great for pull-ups, walking back and forth along the frame, and muscle ups. The swing set frame is great for climbing and abs, the walkways between slides stand a good 7-10 feet off the ground so I'll jump up and grab the frame about 1/2way up and go hand over hand across and back a few times or simply climb up and down to work on grip strength. Also a great spot for abs. Not too mention the balance bars , I typically will do sprints or jump back and forth over the bar.

Good open area for walking or sprints and tons of trees to climb and a creek to jump. No more gyms for me. No need to pay when you have everything outside just waiting.
                      Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Comment

• Maybe I'll contribute to this thread for a while. I started a more rigorous 'get in shape and put on some muscle' plan at the beginning of 2011. I might be overdoing it but have become addicted. There are worse things. So far so good.

Anyway, Monday am.
                        Deadlift: 165#x5, 185x3, 205x3, 225x3, 245x2. 245 is my max right now but for next week's w/o will move the warm-up weight higher and go for new pr.

Chins: +35# plate: 5,3; +25 plate: 5,3; then 5 more.

Incline press: 115#: 8, 6.
                        Dumbbell incline press (each arm): 45#-5, 40-5, 35-5

Farmer's walk a pair of 50# dumbbells one walk around gym. This was new idea to add and think I will include it in most workouts as finisher.

In case you are wondering I never worked out like this at all before this year. Male age 39 nearing 40, 160#. I'm going for a pretty standard 1.0 bodyweight bench, 1.5 squat and 2x dead. Since I've come pretty far in 3 months this seems totally doable.

Tomorrow will be a rest day but I have worked out Friday, Sat and Sun so Monday was 4th day in a row. See I told you I was a little addicted.

Comment

• Thor, thanks, like I said I haven't done much to it... It was more of a marketing "gimmick" I guess to allow people to see what I'm all about and where I stand in this backasswards fitness industry.

Matt, I fell in love with the park as well. I got a lot better at my bodyweight exercises and built some serious upper body strength, but now that I'm also lifting heavy things, I can't say that I would have ever gotten the same results had I stayed at the park. However... I tend to believe in the mantra MORE IS MORE! And love the idea of progressing with my heavy lifts (and loving the way it makes my legs look. Muscle is SEXY!)

Tiger, watch out buddy, you're gonna burn yourself out! This article reminded me of you... http://whole9life.com/2011/03/suck-it-up-buttercup/
                          On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• Originally posted by primal_jessjane View Post
                            Gini, really, and you feel stronger without your training? I quit my training job (again...) because it isn't a steady income and required me to spend too much time hanging around NOT making money. I sort of free-lance at my school gym, and I've had people come up to me who acknowledge that I know a bit and ask me questions and such. It's really not about the money for me, but about helping people learn how to approach fitness. I actually started up a blog, although I haven't gotten very far with it... It is http://trainwithjessjane.blogspot.com (Catchy, I know haha)
                            I *am* stronger! I'm doing more pushups, pullups etc than ever! I think that's deceptive though when I say I do it without training. I do pullups on the hangboard; core work, squats, lunges, and pushups in yoga; and dips and other arm and backwork whilst climbing. I just don't hit a gym anymore .

Nice to see the intensity you bring to your training shining through on your website!

Comment

• Rowing 2,000m

4 sets of: Run 800m, 50 squats, 50 burpees

As Fast as Possible: 50 Power Snatches

Last: Run 5 miles

Comment

• Grok squat,30 second front plank,left plank,right plank,20 push ups followed by a 30 minute run in the beautiful spring sunshine.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X