• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35 Minute Run
    5/3/1
    Westside Hybrid
    CF WOD

Comment

• I was a little creaky this morning, but still felt like moving, so I did a half an hour of yoga, more-or-less Iyengar style.

Comment

• 55 minute TRX Suspension class. squats, table rows, balance lunges, hip raises, pikes, chest presses, crunches with weights, tricep dips, bicep curls....and then I sprinted to my car, because it's cold outside.
        Last edited by Lynna; 01-24-2011, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• Bodyweight Dice game as
          1) pistol(ish) squats
          2) dips
          3) Pull- up attempts/ shrugs (as in x amt of EACH)
          4) plank, 10sx dice roll
          5) burpees
          6)push-ups
          for 15 min or until failure on one of the 6.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• 5 Pullups, 10 Pushups, 15 squats - every min for 30 minutes (have to stop once you go over 1 min)....got 9 rounds!
            ~DFTBA~

Comment

• 10 minutes kettlebell. Awesome.

Comment

• SimpleFit, Day 1, Level 8*
                • 22 PR (+4 cf. previous D1L8, +4 cf. previous PR)

Man! Plus four on last weeks number! I have impressed myself!

*As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of: 5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, 15 air squats.

Comment

• It was a warmer day here in Iowa so I jogged barefoot until my toes started to get chilly. Then I stopped. Tonight is my first game of Intramural basketball. Should be a good work out.

Comment

• 30 min easy on the Cybex
                    20 min easy on the rower

Comment

• Today is just a stationary bike ride (random hill course) at a moderate pace for 45 minutes or I might take a rest day - we'll see how I feel when I get home at round 6:00pm.

Yesterday kicked my but though - I did the Phalanx WOW with a 25#/15# vest and a #20 short barbell. I only did 8 rounds instead of 10 and had to drop #10 in the vest after the first two rounds. I am crazy sore - it was awesome! Took me about 30 minutes.
                      Strength and Honor

Comment

• This cold weather up north is making me eat more and move less. FAIL! Can't wait to get back to sunny Fla. Mainer, I don't know how you do it... ;-) Went back to the gym today:

~30mins wall climbing, I was a BEAST!
                        + ~15mins sprints, jumps, handstands, mobility drills

4x6 DB Snatches (20#)
                        3x12 One-Armed DB Rows (25#)
                        5x5 Front Squat (65#)
                        3x10 Suitcase Deadlift (30#)

Those snatches KILLED my shoulders! I was totally wiped out, I'll be trying those again soon! Ate SERIOUS amounts of vegetables today. My digestive system loooooves me. ;-)
                        On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• 10 minutes of indian clubs. 10 minutes of turkish get-up's and kb arm bars. 15 minutes of kb swings (2 hand, 1 hand, hand to hand). 10 minutes of one legged kb deadlift and renegade rows. Good stuff.

Comment

• Back to starting strength, but without squats as something is wrong with my left knee (baker's cyst). Cleans are probably out too, so there's not much program left. Will have to sub in some ring work and weighted pushups while the knee heals. I've definitely lost some strength with the layoff - vacation, bad flu, knee problem.
                            Overhead press: 85x5x3
                            Deadlift: 235 x5x1
                            Chinups: 6,5,4 (good form though, full ROM)
                            L-sits from the dip station: 4xfailure, still can't get toes above hips though. A fun challenge.
                            If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

• 20 minutes of shoveling very heavy slush.

Comment

• Indoor training is just not as fun training. Tried to do some Billy Blank's Bootcamp but only made it 12 minutes before I got bored. I've gotten so much stronger than a year ago!

Instead...
                                100 burpees in 11:21
                                ~10mins jump training & mobility drills
                                3x20 supermans
                                10x4 chinups

Volume on those chinups tonight...I really hate them. Gave myself a minute rest between sets. I don't think supermans are good for you. The competitive powerlifter at my school's gym reccomended I sub in some direct back work to help decrease my lower back pain, but it actually feels really bad now that I did those. Just really tight and like, what was the point of that?!?!? Uhhhhh.......
                                On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

Working...
                                X