No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• took advantage of the snow/ice in Atlanta - 2 hrs of sledding with my daughter

Comment

• squat 275 lbs 10, 8, 6 reps

bench press 255 lbs 6, 4, 4 reps

chin-ups 4 sets 15 reps 90 sec breaks

EZ bar curls 3 sets of 8 with 100 lbs

pullovers

cable curls

sit-ups

side bends

stretching

all 20 hrs fasted after getting up at 5:45 am and 6+ hrs heavy manual labour

weighed at the gym and i'm 5'7 152 lbs on an empty stomach.

U mirin stamina?

U mirin strength to bodyweight ratio?

U mirin 7% bf?

its ludicrous you mortals even attempt to enter my realm

Comment

• shoveling the driveway as the quad is currently broken :-(

Comment

• Yesterday went back to the gym - I've had a mild case of pneumonia this past few weeks and am still not 110%.
          Squat - 165 1 x 5 then stopped due to surprising hammie tightness
          Press 85 2 x 5 - easy
          Deadlift 225 1 x 5 - doable
          Chinups 6,5, nagahappen. Ran out of energy, but that's ok. Just working back into it.
          If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

• alarm didn't go off on Thursday so I had to go to the 5 pm class instead

Deadlifts 3x5 @285#
            Press 3x5 @115# (why is this so weak? I need to engage my back more)

This morning was

Thrusters @125#
            Baby death by thrusters - 8
            tabata kb swings 32kg - barf
            ad astra per aspera

Comment

• Back Squats 1 x 10 @ 45 lbs, 1 x 10 @ 55 lbs (FINALLY got to do cage squats lol)

Alt:

Pushups 2 x 10 on knees
              Cable Rows 2 x 10 @ 80 lbs

Alt:

Step Ups 2 x 10 @ 60lbs, high step
              Prone Jackknives 2 x 24

Followed by some interval sprinting
              1 lap sprint, 1/2 lap walk, 1/2 lap sprint, 1/4 lap walk, 1/4 lap sprint
              Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
              Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
              Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
              Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Comment

• Did a quickie in my office before heading out to lunch.

- wide push ups till fatigue
                - immediate drop set to my knees continuing wide push ups till failure

- 40 kettlebell swings

- palms facing the sides push ups till fatigue
                - immediate drop set onto knees palm side push ups till failure

- as fast as possible 50 good form squats

- 40 kettlebell swings

- 50 sit up with both arms holding supporting a kettlebell above the sternum
                My Blog: http://fitafter40vancouver.blogspot.com

Comment

• FastCat, do you try for barf?!?! Check out this article... http://jasonferruggia.com/it-aint-st...gettin-strong/ He's got a little attitude, but I like that. Right to the point! ;-)
                  Meg, how come you haven't been doing your squats in the cage the whole time?!

My butt got destroyed today, as usual...
                  3x8 Lunge at 85#
                  2x5 Lunge at 95#
                  2x3 Lunge at 100#
                  5x8 Pushup + 15#

100# lunge! Yeah, baby!
                  On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• When I first started I was terrified of screwing up my back or something so I just did sumos with dumbbells, then last time I tried to get someone to show me how to set up the cage for squats and the trainer wouldn't let me use it, just the smith machine. So this time I just screwed around until I figured it out by myself lol.
                    Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
                    Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
                    Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
                    Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Comment

• Skied two feet of fresh powder on Saddleback Mtn after the massive dump from the recent Nor'easter, we in Maine refer to this as a wicked snowstorm!!
                      You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

• Originally posted by Meg-a-Tron View Post
                        When I first started I was terrified of screwing up my back or something so I just did sumos with dumbbells, then last time I tried to get someone to show me how to set up the cage for squats and the trainer wouldn't let me use it, just the smith machine. So this time I just screwed around until I figured it out by myself lol.
                        Hi Meg, just saw that you are beginning squats and I've been doing Mark Rippetoe's SS program and it is awesome. Here is a link to a video on form on youtube ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kawBY5p29fQ there is a few more videos that are worth watching. Happy squating!! - Rhyno

Comment

• my very first kettlebell class!

Comment

• I did:

- 10 minutes on elliptical
                            - upper body free weights (bicep curls, rows, etc)
                            - 5 min elliptical
                            - lower body strength machines
                            - 2 minute sprint
                            - upper body free weights
                            - upper body weight machines
                            - 10 minute walk
                            My homeschooling mom, doula blog: http://naturalparentingsupport.blogspot.com

Comment

• Crossfit baseball today and also AMRAP 5 minutes - 20# medicine ball cleans

@Jessie - No I didn't puke - I just did a very terrible job - hence *barf*! :]

good article and I agree - as per your friends ; doing a strength program in place of most met cons for the foreseeable future. Box jumps a beastly caveman do not make!
                              ad astra per aspera

Comment

• Does anyone organize or play games during the workday with colleagues? I'm the only one who's not overweight, trying to talk my colleagues into joining me for a not-a-workout workout. i.e., basketball, frisbee, and the like.

Comment

Working...
                                X