No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two hour walk in the hills, watching football game (osmosis workout).

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean_OToole View Post
      Two hour walk in the hills, watching football game (osmosis workout).
      I tried the osmosis workout for about 30 years. I think it was the potato chips that screwed up the routine.

Comment

• 1 hr walk and also watched some football. I can't shake this phlegmy cold for the life of me. Racquetball yesterday, and I thought I was going to hack up a kidney.
        If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

• Technically yesterday's, man it felt great to be back in the gym, silly cold.

Deadlift- 2 x 10 @ 115 lbs

Alt Sets:

Barbell Shoulder Press- 2 x 10 @ 40 lbs
          Wide Grip Pulldowns- 2 x 10 @ 70lbs

Alt Sets:

Lunges- 2 x 10 @ 35 lbs/hand
          Weighted Swiss Ball Crunches- 2 x 10 @ 40lbs
          Last edited by Meg-a-Tron; 01-10-2011, 09:20 AM.
          Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
          Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
          Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
          Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Comment

• 8th day in a row

a. 3x5 back squat - @195# (going ass to grass makes me so weak!)

a. 15-12-9: 50% BW back squat, pull ups - did higher weight @133# - did in in 6 mins
            ad astra per aspera

Comment

• FastCat, I lose out when I go super deep, too. REALLY activates those hips, though! Do you ever experience back pain with your squatting?

Half my workout today, half my workout tomorrow...
              3x3 Push Up (22#)
              3x6 Push Up (16#)
              3x9 Push Up (11#)
              1x7 Chin Up
              2x3 Chin Up (5#)
              ~20 min. free run

Made my client push my car around for 10 minutes, do a squat/swing circuit with dumbbells and a loaded backpack for another 10 minutes, and then a pushup ladder until I had her screamin' for mercy. Now if only I could get her to stop eating so much damn cheese..... ;-)
              On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• Originally posted by primal_jessjane View Post
                FastCat, I lose out when I go super deep, too. REALLY activates those hips, though! Do you ever experience back pain with your squatting?
                Hi Jessie

not yet though 30 mins after today's workout my back hurt but I figured it was from doing dead lifts yesterday in conjunction with low squats. I've seen some stuff crossfit board says tall people shouldn't go as low on their squats. Do you know anything about that?
                ad astra per aspera

Comment

• I'm back on my Monday training day schedule. This means my arms are back on with only 5 days rest.

The dumbbell curl stayed at 20 lbs but the time went from 1 minute 24 seconds to 1 minutes 41 seconds.

The Tricep push down was changed again. The one bar was missing but they had a new one for a single cable pull. This changed the weight to 32.5 lbs and the time was 1 minute 57 seconds.

I really wanted to get the leg press back around the three minute mark. I don't need the DOMS I experience when the routine goes around 4 minutes in length. I upped the weight 40 lbs to 310. My time was a nice and comfy 2 minutes 7 seconds.

My last leg press was Dec 13th. That is four weeks between workouts.

Comment

• Had a bad night's sleep last night so I decided to skip this morning's workout. That in itself is mental training. Keep desiring to drop by the box tonight to makeup my missed workout. It's tough to take a day off because I feel like I am getting weaker because of it. Need to get over that. motivation is that tomorrow I will have fuel in the tank and can work harder.

edit: just awoke from a two hour nap. OOh baby let me at um. (tomorrow)
                    Last edited by TheFastCat; 01-11-2011, 07:18 PM.
                    ad astra per aspera

Comment

• I did some 1:2 walk:sprint intervals today. I'm just getting into sprints, so I'm doing them lighter but more often. This is alongside my usual assortment of light bodyweight exercising.
                      Midterms.

Comment

• Pistols, one arm pushups, one arm pull progressions

Comment

• Shoveling the driveway and playing in the snow! Gotta love winter on Lake Erie
                          Results Pics:
                          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d6138-245.html

Mandolin's Primammalian Cave Wall

Vegetarian=an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter"

iHerb.com $5 off first order code: AMA998

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFastCat View Post
                            Hi Jessie

not yet though 30 mins after today's workout my back hurt but I figured it was from doing dead lifts yesterday in conjunction with low squats. I've seen some stuff crossfit board says tall people shouldn't go as low on their squats. Do you know anything about that?
                            I do... Lyle Mcdonald wrote something on it awhile back. Basically said that having a long femur bone is not the most efficient for a squat, and should look into the leg press if squatting is too much trouble...

Today..SORE CHEST! And, quickie on the legs:
                            4x5 lunge at 90#
                            2x3 lunge at 95#

How is the weight on my lunge creeping up so close to the max (115#) of my squat??!
                            On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• 15 minutes circuit training of skipping rope, burpees, push ups and wide push ups. Then sparred 3 x 2 minute rounds with different partners. Ab work. 1 hour total. Done.
                              My Blog: http://fitafter40vancouver.blogspot.com

Comment

• a. 3x5 heavy pull ups w 22lb Yoda on my back

b. Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
5 Chest to bar Pull-ups
10 Ring Dips
15 Overhead squats, #95
                                ad astra per aspera

Comment

Working...
                                X