What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by primal_jessjane View Post
    Gini, how were you doing your one-armed pushups?...
    With difficulty! They're really not pretty and I'm really not good at them, but I'm trying. I shove my non-pushing arm against my side to try and hold that side up while i dip with the other arm. Also, my feet are a little wider than a standard pushup.

Comment

• Deck of cards -

Half Moons 32#
      Pushups
      Sprints
      Goblet squats 32#

then

AMRAP 5 mins of

Burpees & situps
      (56 burpees, 40 situps)

then

155# deadlifts, 24 " box jumps
      21-15-9

that's 6 days in a row of crossfit with three two a days. looking forward to sunday
      ad astra per aspera

Comment

• Originally posted by Primal2010 View Post
        Never even heard of these FitDeck cards! These are Definitely going on my shopping list!
        I swear by them. Been using them now for over a year and I love em'. It's taken many years for me to realize that I can't/don't care to stick to any one particular "workout" plan for more than a few weeks. I love randomness and not really knowing what my workout will be for the day. The FitDeck cards work great for me. I've got 16 sets of them and just randomly mix and match them. Do at least 30 cards at the advanced level and you'll get a great workout. Hope you like em'!
        FitDeck Exercise Playing Cards

Comment

• Originally posted by Sungrazer View Post
          Shoveling snow! A lot of snow. :P
          Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

Comment

• Hiked/ran up-hill for 15 minutes (heart-rate 190 bpm)

Olympic ring pull-ups.
            Body weight rows.
            Clubbells.

Ashtanga Yoga (30 minutes)

Comment

• Burpees, push ups, bw squats, sit ups 5 reps each as many rounds as possible in 30 minutes wearing 20 lb vest. 14 rounds
              Lean Primal Fit

Comment

• Lunges around football field 297 in 21:07 rest of the hour was spent moving slowly (walking). Plank 2 minutes. 2O lb weight vest worn throughout.
                Lean Primal Fit

Comment

• 28 Minute run in ice and snow,-2c this morning.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Shoveling snow today as well!
                    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

• My last seated row was Nov. 8th. I did 85 lbs for 3 minutes 19 seconds. Today I did 93 lbs for 3 minutes 31 seconds. both sessions ended in failure on the positive rep.

I'm continuing to show results that confirms intense exercises performed occasionally will produce strength gains.

I want to make it clear though that I'm not suggesting that this is all you need or want to.

I am suggesting that it makes for an acceptable minimum required.

I've added a twist to the program. I did a reverse grip tricep push down. I'm adding some isolated arm exercises to the program because the smaller muscles recover faster therefore I can work them again sooner. I'll see what happens.

Comment

• Today is my rest day; my legs, butt, and shoulders are blasted from yesterday's kettlebell workout (swings, cleans, and presses). I'm doing hourly joint mobility stuff (arm swings, 50% speed shadow kick-boxing, and the like) just to keep from getting too lethargic.

Comment

• 36-40 FitDeck cards (@adv level) (Medicine Ball & Combat Sports decks)

Comment

• 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of the triplet:
                            Power Clean, Thruster and Overhead squats 95#
                            ad astra per aspera

Comment

• 3 x 30 elevated push-ups.
                              Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

• SimpleFit, Day 1, Level 7: 22 Rounds

Urg.

Ack.

Oog.

Office party Friday night.
                                Saturday spent recovering.
                                Sunday: renovations in the morning; hockey game in the evening.

I kinda lost count today, but it sure felt like 22...I mean, I'm pretty sure. I hope it was 22, because if that's what 20 or 21 feels like now, then I am in rough shape indeed!

Comment

Working...
                                X