Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ripped Eating Bread And Pasta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ripped Eating Bread And Pasta

    Hi all

    I was wondering something. I completely appreciate the health benefits of eliminating bread, pasta etc and how it can help you lose weight. But I was wondering if people thought it was possible to get a six pack whilst eating pasta, bread and other carbs? Is it impossible to do this due to the spike in insulin? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

  • #2
    Yes it's definitely possible. There are lots of non-primal folk who are very lean and muscular.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

    "You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

    My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Caloric deficit = weight loss = six pack. Some people can pull it off eating grains. For me, and many others on this site, eating primal is a great tool that allows them to maintain a caloric deficit. There is simply no way I can do it eating the SAD.

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks for your responses guys I've been eating primal most of the time but then end up having a snickers bar or a burger in a bun and ships at T.G.I Fridays and end up chastising myself! Then again I seem to put on more muscle when eating carbs like that.

        Al I'm a big fan of yours buddy! Love the Raising The Bar book got it on my Kindle!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by BeatlesFan View Post
          Caloric deficit = weight loss = six pack.
          Some people that loses weight discover that there is no muscularity that can be called "six pack" when they are leaning out. First you must have some basic muscularity to show.

          Another factor is loss of lean body mass when getting leaner that may "eat up" your abs. This happens if not getting sufficient quality protein on a diet...
          "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

          - Schopenhauer

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by streety100 View Post
            Hi all

            I was wondering something. I completely appreciate the health benefits of eliminating bread, pasta etc and how it can help you lose weight. But I was wondering if people thought it was possible to get a six pack whilst eating pasta, bread and other carbs? Is it impossible to do this due to the spike in insulin? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
            Absolutely. I live with one of those 6-pack gluten men.
            sigpic
            Age 48
            Start date: 7-5-12
            5'3"
            121lbs
            GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100


            "In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
            Henri Frederic Amiel

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by streety100 View Post

              Al I'm a big fan of yours buddy! Love the Raising The Bar book got it on my Kindle!
              Thanks! The DVD is coming out next week!
              "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

              "You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

              My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by streety100 View Post
                Thanks for your responses guys I've been eating primal most of the time but then end up having a snickers bar or a burger in a bun and ships at T.G.I Fridays and end up chastising myself! Then again I seem to put on more muscle when eating carbs like that.
                Do you eat primal carbs such as sweet potato, potato, fruits? Some people do better with body composition eating carbs and some don't. Everybody is different. I do better with carbs added in and not eating VLC or even low carb. But even on a higher carb day I'm still considered low carb compared to SAD.

                I just wanted to make the point that you can still eat primal and have carbs, you just have to understand their time and place

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by brookesam View Post
                  Do you eat primal carbs such as sweet potato, potato, fruits? Some people do better with body composition eating carbs and some don't. Everybody is different. I do better with carbs added in and not eating VLC or even low carb. But even on a higher carb day I'm still considered low carb compared to SAD.

                  I just wanted to make the point that you can still eat primal and have carbs, you just have to understand their time and place
                  I'll be getting the DVD Al!

                  Brookesam thank you for your response. I do eat sweet potato and fruits but I thought normal potato was not part of eating primal? I've been reading up on the site and see white rice is acceptable (if I've read it correctly) which is great news as I do love my white rice. If I can have white rice and potatoes it's pretty much bread and pasta that's off the menu (and obviously the processed junk!)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    From my own personal experience, I get much better muscle definition without grains. Grains get me all bloated.
                    http://meatsleeprepeat.com/
                    http://ternioncrossfit.com/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by streety100 View Post
                      I'll be getting the DVD Al!

                      Brookesam thank you for your response. I do eat sweet potato and fruits but I thought normal potato was not part of eating primal? I've been reading up on the site and see white rice is acceptable (if I've read it correctly) which is great news as I do love my white rice. If I can have white rice and potatoes it's pretty much bread and pasta that's off the menu (and obviously the processed junk!)
                      Mark did a post a while back about white potatoes...
                      Are Potatoes Paleo? | Mark's Daily Apple

                      You might have to copy and paste it I seem to do good with sweet potato and white potato but I normally peel them.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Normal potatoes are fine as long as you aren't sensitive to nightshades.

                        Are Potatoes Paleo? | Mark's Daily Apple
                        Are Potatoes Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple
                        “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

                        Owly's Journal

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yes, white potatoes are unfairly maligned. I regularly have a big steak or a bunch of salmon over a potato. I'm not ripped, though. I'm a sexy endo/mesomorph. Gonna always be a little soft around the edges.
                          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Thanks guys

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X