ladies.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ladies.....

what does your regular workout regimen look like?

I walk 45 minutes to an hour everyday - or very nearly everyday. I do a little yoga and a little pilates and a little Tae Bo.
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

I do Crossfit. I usually work out 2-3 days in a row, then take a day off.

Comment

I do yoga twice a week, this class called PiYo twice a week ( a blend of Pilates and yoga), and a weight lifting class twice per week. The extra yoga isn't super strenuous and helps stretch me out and stay flexible

Comment

I'm doing 531 (a barbell program). Every other day I do my main lift, generally pretty heavy, and then I do some accessory movements and some bodyweight/skill work. I'm in and out of the gym in under an hour (often 45 minutes), and I like it that way.

On other days I may do some tabatas or sprints, or I might run. I also do other kinds of casual movement such as walking, hiking, biking, dancing--stuff that's active but not a "workout". With the snow here now, I can add shovelling to my list too.
          “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

I do Crossfit workouts Mondays and Thursdays (and sometimes Saturdays, usually depending on the weather).

I do Olympic weightlifting on Tuesdays, powerlifting on Fridays, and supplemental weight lifting at home on Sundays.

I hike/mountain bike/ski/snowshoe/snowboard for 4-8 hours on the weekend (not strenuous, more like leisurely/conversational with hubby).

On Wednesdays I get a massage!

Comment

Max reps military pushups, finish out with the same amount of kneeling pushups.
              Max reps squats
              Max reps tricep dips
              Max reps crossfit/full situps

Other days, I'll do a yoga or Pilates video.

Other days I will focus on core/planks - 1 min plank (or longer!), 20 plank up/downs (10 per side), 20 mountain climbers or knee crunches, 1 min plank.
              Amy
              ~wife and mother

Started primal a month before the end of my pregnancy with P who is now 1. Went from a size 14 down to a size 4 in less than a year. Now sitting at 20-21% body fat, a solid 130 pounds, and 5'9". Feeling better than ever before, and able to run around and chase my 5 little boys who range in age from 14 months up to 11.5 years old.

Comment

how do i get started with crossfit??

Comment

PBF Th, Sat, M
                  Indoor Soccer Wed

Once we're settled into the new house I'm going to start back with weight training at least once a week. I miss lifting heavy things.

Comment

Very little lately... I need to step it up!

Comment

I try to walk (with husband) at least 2 miles/day (preferably 4, but work gets in the way - I'm on call for our customer). That gets me fresh air and a little movement. My real exercise is alternate days Convict Conditioning (do start at the beginning - even the earliest exercises develop neglected bits and are worth it in the long run) and KBs on the other days. I need the more intense exercise to blow off work.

Comment

Originally posted by PandaRose View Post
                        how do i get started with crossfit??
                        PandaRose, go to crossfit.com and click on the Community link (upper left of the page) then on Affiliate Finder Map. You can find a Crossfit box close to you, go and watch and talk to them and see if it's the kind of thing you'll enjoy.

If you can't afford it or there isn't one near you, click on Start Here and then BrandX Scaled Workouts to get to their forum. They post a workout every day that you can do at home (or most of the exercises at home), with scaling for different degrees of ability.

One of the things I like about Crossfit is the community of people I work out with. I started by doing the BrandX workouts at home, but it's much more motivating to do it with friends and cheer each other on!

Comment

I walk my dog 30 miles a week, cycle ~40-50 miles (although this has dropped off because its coolish out and I'm a wimp) and lift weights 3 days a week. A friend and I have been discussing swimming a couple times a week but it hasn't progressed to actually doing it yet! You can probably guess that I am lucky and don't have to work

Comment

Far too little at the moment ....

20 - 60 minutes of walking every day, with sprints built in every 5 days, and for lifting heavy things I use filling log baskets (6 loads of logs & 3 - 6 coal scuttles per day), coal scuttles, stacking and chopping wood. Once a fortnight or so I go wood foraging with my OH, and it's my job to get the bits of tree he's cut into the trailer and then back out again at the woodshed.

I do need to get something a bit more organised thought.

Comment

Les Mills Body Flow (BodyBalance outside NA): 4x/weel
                              Irish dance (2hr class) - 1x/week
                              HIT - 1x/week
                              Lifting weights - 1x/week
                              Walk as much as I can (time and weather permitting) - probably right now not adding up to more than 60mins/week

Comment

Working...
                              X