No announcement yet.

ladies.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do 4 weightlifting sessions a week - 2 upper body, 2 lower body, usually all my programs contain supersets of compound free weights exercises (chin-ups, presses, squats, lunges, deadlifts, Russian leg curls etc.). Together with corrective exercises (to improve structural balance in my upper body), foam rolling and stretching, my sessions are usually 1.5-2 hrs long.
    I usually alternate my programs so that for a month I do really heavy stuff with longer rests and for a month - either intense lifting (lower weights, more reps, little rest) or dense lifting (heavy weights, less reps, very little rest).
    Apart from that I do HIIT once a week (running up and down stairs) and walk for about 7-10 km a day (on working days).

I think it works well for me - at the moment I am BMI 20 with 16% bodyfat.

Comment

Lifting (different program depending on my goal): 4x a week
      Dedicated Cardio: 3-5 x a week (depending on the level of tiredness) in 20 to 30 min intense sessions.
      MS/Play: daily
      Steam room: 2-5 x a week
      Stretch: want to do daily, but hit maybe 4-5 x a week tops ('cause I am stupid)
      My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
      When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

I'm doing some strength training with free weights 3x/week. I have a core fitness class 1x/week. These two are the only things I consider "working out".

Otherwise, I just try to stay active in general:

I try to go for a very slow run 2x/week for one or two hours.
        I bicycle commute but it's getting harder with these dark mornings so I haven't been doing it.
        I go for an easy walk during lunch hour if I'm not doing something else.
        I hike at least once on the weekend, usually with at least 1500+ elevation gain.
        I set an alarm to tell me to get up every hour during my work day and do something like climb the stairs or do some squats or pushups.
        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I Crossfit every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and (most) Fridays. I also usually fit in a 3 mile jog once a week and my husband and I do a short sprint session once every week or two. We also do 3 hour Adventure races once a month (mountain bike/canoe/run) but on the weekends we don't have those, I usually ride my horse, bicycle or hike.

Comment

Originally posted by PandaRose View Post
            how do i get started with crossfit??
            It would be great if you could find a good one through word-of-mouth. That way you're not wasting time and money.

Crossfit is amazing when you find the right gym and the right trainers. It can be awful if it's the opposite, from what I've read, which is really too bad.
            A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

I just did my first Crossfit last night, apart from the 'box' (see I'm a pro already) being all men, it was good fun. Before that I got a load of ideas from nerdfitness.com, maybe that could help you?
              if you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post
                I just did my first Crossfit last night, apart from the 'box' (see I'm a pro already) being all men, it was good fun. Before that I got a load of ideas from nerdfitness.com, maybe that could help you?
                I kinda like it when everyone else there are all men... eye candy!

Comment

Powerlifting 3x/week, Yoga at least once per week, cycling at least 3x per week. Broken down:

Sunday: Barbell deadlifts plus other back exerciese (pull-ups, chin-ups, lat pulldown, row variations, etc.)
                  Monday: Cycle to and from work (easy pace, 5.5 miles one-way), maybe a yoga class in the evening
                  Tuesday: Barbell bench press plus other chest/triceps exercises (dumbbell bench press-flat/incline/decline, skullcrushers, dumbbell flyes, dips, etc.), cycle to and from work
                  Wednesday: Maybe a yoga class in the evening, maybe some pushups
                  Thursday: Barbell back squat and lunges
                  Friday: Cycle to and from work
                  Saturday: walking to/from/at the farmers market
                  Gamer. Powerlifter. Trekkie. Yogi.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                    I kinda like it when everyone else there are all men... eye candy!
                    lol, very true, but omg you should see the state of the showers....unisex deffo has disadvantages
                    if you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room

Comment

Originally posted by patski View Post
                      Crossfit is amazing when you find the right gym and the right trainers. It can be awful if it's the opposite, from what I've read, which is really too bad.
                      So true! I do Crossfit 4x a week and love my gym! It has a family mentality which is one of the reasons that I keep going.

Comment

You're lucky it has showers! Many boxes don't.
                        “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Monday: Run 2-3 miles, 5x5 squats, 5x5 deadlifts
                          Tuesday: Run 5x 150m sprints, bench 5x5, pullups 5x3, push press 5x8 (65lbs)
                          Wednesday: Run if I feel like it, hockey practice (1hr)
                          Thursday: 4 sets of-- 30 overhead lunges (25lbs), 50 full bw squats, 10 knees-to-elbows, usually takes about 20 minutes
                          Friday: Run a mile, climbing in the gym for a couple hours, maybe lift a little (high reps, low weight) if I feel like it)
                          Saturday/Sunday: hiking or doing something outside, otherwise cardio for an hour or so, or maybe the WOD off CrossFit.com
                          Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Comment

bodyweight exercises
                            skill work/slow movement
                            heavy lifting
                            skill work/slow movement
                            skill work/bodyweight exercises
                            rest
                            rest

Comment

Except for my morning walk 5x/wk, I don't really have a schedule. Some crunches. Some squats, some "girl" pushups. Some resistance. I like occasionally lifting my living room chairs because it's an uneven movement, so I have to be careful, and because they're heavy and I use a lot of muscles. Some calf work using the edge of my stairs.

But not really a schedule. I write it down so I don't completely avoid the things I like least (pushups), but it's pretty much do what I feel like. Sometimes I'll just turn on music and dance around the apartment 'til I'm sweaty.
                              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Working...
                              X