Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats your best speed for 100m sprint rows?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your best speed for 100m sprint rows?

hey everyone just wondering what your best time for 100 m rows. Today was my all time best at 21.7 For 500m its around 2 min 21 sec.

Originally posted by phigment View Post
    hey everyone just wondering what your best time for 100 m rows. Today was my all time best at 21.7 For 500m its around 2 min 21 sec.
    I used to be able to row 2000 m in around 8 min 40. I never sprinted shorter than that.

ETA: that was back in my chronic cardio days. I only sprint during interval training now for a max of up to one minute. I have to avoid rowing now due to tennis elbow injury :-(
    Last edited by paleo-bunny; 10-29-2012, 02:56 PM.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

I should try that sometime...my 500 best used to be 1 minute, 58 seconds.
      My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

that's pretty good paleo-bunny. I havn't sprinted for that distance yet. I think i probally would've passed out. 500 it about my limit so far with sprinting.

Comment

Don't own a rowing machine, but did a 340 mile kayak race in just over 53 hours. Anyone wanna play on the river?

Comment

I have a 1:22 500m.
            Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
            Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
            The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
            Brute Force Sandbags
            www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
            http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

^^^ that is a good time. I can do 1:40 at the moment, and I am getting quicker. I've been improving massively since I started lifting properly (squats & deads)

Comment

Originally posted by zilog View Post
                ^^^ that is a good time. I can do 1:40 at the moment, and I am getting quicker. I've been improving massively since I started lifting properly (squats & deads)
                Thanks! Deads do make a huge difference, I agree. What SPM are you at for your 1:40?
                Brute Force Sandbags

Comment

1:53 for 500 m. Just about threw up.

Comment

1:37 is my PR in the 500, normally sitting around 1:45 though

Comment

Thanks! Deads do make a huge difference, I agree. What SPM are you at for your 1:40?
                      Just managed 1:38! SR was 33 for most of it, crept up to 34 for the last 100m or so.
                      I think my technique is OK but not perfect by any means. I have a friend who used to do a lot of rowing, I need to get him to come over and give me some tips!

Comment

Originally posted by zilog View Post
                        Just managed 1:38! SR was 33 for most of it, crept up to 34 for the last 100m or so.
                        I think my technique is OK but not perfect by any means. I have a friend who used to do a lot of rowing, I need to get him to come over and give me some tips!
                        Nice! Yep, technique is pretty important so it's well worth having it checked.
                        Brute Force Sandbags

Comment

what SR do you maintain?

Comment

I did a rowing workout the other day 5x500....each between 1.42 and 1.46 ........ I was focusing on stroke rate, keeping the pulls slow but hard.
                            Followed by 3x250 .... No idea what to target hear so I hit 3x48 seconds. First was 34 strokes a minute, last was 28, but same time haha.

Richard
                            It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Comment

Originally posted by phigment View Post
                              that's pretty good paleo-bunny. I havn't sprinted for that distance yet. I think i probally would've passed out. 500 it about my limit so far with sprinting.
                              Thanks. To clarify, I found through trial and error that I was able to bring down my PB for 2000 m by focusing effort on 2 or 3 flat-out sprints, still going quite fast in between (i.e. not proper intervals). I would always end on an all-out sprint for the last 1- 2 mins. This was not conscious interval training, as I was not familiar with the concept at the time.

I am inspired by this thread to have a go at 500 min sprints, following a warm-up on some other cardio machines less damaging to my elbows. I'm challenging myself to achieve a 2-min 500 m sprint within a fortnight. I believe I am capable of 1 min 50.
                              F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Working...
                              X