ideas for at home exercise equipment?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ideas for at home exercise equipment?

i have a crappy door pull up/ push up bar, perfect push ups, and of course open floor space for push ups and squats and what not. soon i was going to make a set of parallel dip bars and a pull up bar outside. any idea of other stuff to use? some times i do dips from chairs but the actual dip bars are so much better. any ideas for good/ different workout equipment at home?

Kinda sounds like you got just about everything covered. you could add a set of bands, or some dumbbells, but when it comes to bodyweight exercise, you really don't need much equipment to see results.

Comment

If I had the room for it, I'd get a bench and a punching bag. Dumbbells, kettlebell and barbell take small room, get them.
      Last edited by Gilleh; 10-26-2012, 10:41 PM.
      Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Comment

Well after warming up your body by push up and dips you can just use dumbbells for chest press, shoulders, biceps and triceps. You can be more perfect by getting a rod and some wights and for all these you have enough space.

Comment

I was planning on making some parrallettes today, but quickly changed my mind when I saw the cost..

This morning I finally pulled my finger out and went to a hardware store to pick up the gear to make some PVC pipe parrallettes like these:
          http://baye.com/diy-parallettes/

I've seen a lot of comments on US websites about it being so cheap to make these, well... Certainly ain't the case here in NZ.
          $45 for approx 10ft of pipe, which wasn't too bad, but then another $25 For EACH of the 4 T pieces and 4 elbows.

Back to the drawing board on that one I think. 5 new tyres and a new exhaust trump a new toy unfortunately :-(

Planning on building an outdoor body weight gym (pull up bars, parallel bars for dips etc., rope climb, etc.) in the back garden.
          If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
          If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

get couple of buckets of good quality, different sizes. fill with water. a world of weight training opportunities in front of you!
            a plus is that after your work out you can just pour the water on you for a quick shower.
            Few but ripe.

Comment

Squat rack? =)
              "Go For Broke"
              Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
              Small Kine-168/9%
              Now- 200/8%
              Goal- 210/6%

Comment

Originally posted by Misabi View Post
                $25 For EACH of the 4 T pieces and 4 elbows.
                Crikey!

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post
                  Crikey!
                  Indeed...
                  If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                  If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Sandbag from the local hardware store is probably around $3 per 25kg.
                    Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
                    Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
                    The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
                    Brute Force Sandbags
                    www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
                    http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

Rather than dip bars, if you have a tree or open joists in your basement I would get a set of exercise rings....you can do a lot more with them and they are very portable.

Originally posted by Misabi View Post
                      Indeed...
                      I hear you on the parts for the bars....i looked into here in Canada and ended up ordering the Rogue bars for almost the same cost.
                      Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                      PS
                      Don't forget to play!

Comment

Breetbree-
                        Honestly, you need a plan, and you need to stick to it. Pick a plan that you can do, and follow it strictly for a minimum of three months. 6-12 is better. It barely matters what the plan is, but if you are jumping from one method to another to another, you are never going to get better, or you will never know that you are getting better.

Sandbag fitness, Convict Conditioning, You Are Your Own Gym, Fighter Pullup Program, Naked Warrior,... There's more than someone will bring out, I'm sure. Those are all good plans created by someone with more likely more experience than you or I, or most of the people on this board with regards to fitness. A friend of mine really likes Military Athlete, which is nice because the standards are based around the Army Physical Fitness Test (Aren't you joining the military?). Find a plan and stick to it. Test yourself according to what you are trying to improve.

Comment

some good ideas here. i don't have too much money so i don't think i'm getting too many weights i forgot to mention i have a 60 lb punching bag, 15 and 25 lb dumbell, speed rope and the toughest resistance band i could find at dunhams. i forget what they're called "saw horse" or something like that (the things you put a board on to cut it). i have to of those i suppose i could try to use for dips? thanks guys.

Comment

Convict Conditioning to get you strong sans weights. Then scrap some dough together for a kettlebell.
                            SixStringStrength.com

Comment

Ab wheels are great
                              Fitness Wayne | Paleo Health, Exercise and Weight Loss Blog
                              Fitness Wayne Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                              X