No announcement yet.

ideas for at home exercise equipment?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a kid's play ball. Cut a slice in it, fill with sand, wrap with duck tape. Instant medicine ball. Paper plates on carpet make good gliding disks. Flannel pieces cut a bit larger then the foot work for wood floors. Google or youtube homemade fitness equipment for more ideas.

Comment

You should be able to use 2 saw horses for dips like you mentioned - infact I think that would probably work really well, one would probably work well for your feet for doing aussie pull-ups to help up your pull-up reps.
      You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

I have a home gym as I don't have the time or the inclination to go to a gym (I'm an introvert).

I use daily:
        1. Yoga Ball
        2. 2 x medicine balls of varying weights
        3. High Quality Tread mill
        4. Chin up Bar
        5. Assorted barbell weights
        6. Weighted skipping rope
        7. Various ground toys that promote core body strength (wheels, things that slide along the floor)
        8. Stretchy Bands --- various thickness/weights
        9. Stairmaster
        10. bike on an indoor trainer (I spin during the winter and cycle outdoors in the summer)
        11. Yoga mat
        12. Computer, wireless internet to view utube workouts to keep my workouts interesting
        13. Two chairs with a broom handle between them -- I used for assisted pull ups from a lying down position

And while I am outside doing my hill runs, or sprints, I stop by the neighbourhood public school -- their outdoor monkey bars are excellent for assisted pull ups; jump ups and slow descends (I can't do a pull up yet), and rings (I hang like a slug still -- cannot get from one ring to the next -- yet!)

That's what I do for my workouts. I don't have a bar as I can't lift heavy weights due to a herniated disc, but I am getting pretty strong with body weight workouts only.

I also plan on making one of those water tubes for next summer probably a 6 or 8' PVC piping. (next summer's project)

/Lu
        ----------------------------------------
        F, 48, 5'10"
        Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
        Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Comment

Thanks for such wonderful ideas. I agree with your post.

Thanks,
          yoga for kids

Comment

Working...
          X