Is there anything other than kegels for pelvic floor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anything other than kegels for pelvic floor

I'm in need of some serious pelvic floor help. Is there something other than kegels? I'm older now, I've had a hysterectomy (but not an oophrectomy so I'm not in menopause) and at this stage of my life, running, sneezing and certain other things are getting problematic.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

These articles have been really helpful for many of my clients:

https://misskalypso.wordpress.com/20...icfloorhealth/

Mama Sweat: Pelvic Floor Party: Kegels are NOT invited.
    Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
    Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
    Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Loved that Mama Sweat article.
      Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

Cool. Squats and planks and some stretching of the calves, hamstrings and groin. Sounds better than kegels for sure.

Comment

I am now changing up my "personal" fitness routine...

Comment

Ttapp or the newer Callanetics or HABIT Pelvic Floor excercises. There are also little gadgets like vaginal weights or Kegelmaster that can be quite effective.

Comment

I loved that Mama Sweat article too - makes so much sense! Or is it me just hoping that my current strength training does me good even "down there"?
              Sbhikes, your new gym routine might be the way to go - ass-to-grass squats, if your trainer is good enough to allow them. I totally don't get why so many trainers want us to do squats without hitting the parallel and going all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by inesenite View Post
                I loved that Mama Sweat article too - makes so much sense! Or is it me just hoping that my current strength training does me good even "down there"?
                Sbhikes, your new gym routine might be the way to go - ass-to-grass squats, if your trainer is good enough to allow them. I totally don't get why so many trainers want us to do squats without hitting the parallel and going all the way.
                I don't care if my personal trainer won't "allow" ass-to-grass squats. Once she's out of the room, I go all the way. I'll try them all the way in front of her next time to find out what she thinks of it. I don't recall her actually voicing an opinion, and when I did them with her, I was so sore from a previous workout I could barely do squats at all and she had to keep telling me to go lower.

I just hope all this stuff helps because I swear it's gotten worse lately. It may be a time of the month thing though. It seems that it gets bad for a while then goes away.

Comment

Working...
                X