Big weight loss makes feet smaller?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big weight loss makes feet smaller?

Okay, after dropping over 30 pounds, I'm finding that some 10 1/2 shoes now fit me whereas I was always a size 11 before. Has anyone else run into this?

I could see this obviously being the case for someone who is extremely overweight, but that wasn't the case for me.....

Primal since February 2010. On seventh round of P90x.

My Blathering, Babbling Journal

Yep happened to me too. I lost 30 pounds about 2 years ago and went from an 8-8.5 to a 7-7.5. My wrists/neck/knees all got skinnier too, it was interesting

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

Yes ... 30 lbs as well. 8 1/2 wide to an ordinary 8, in the same running shoe.

Comment

My VFF's aren't as snug around the toes as they were when I first got them. I lost around 15 pounds since then. Could be that the VFF's stretched out, or that water loss in my toe muscles made them narrower, or a combination of the two.

Comment

Yes, this was my experience as well. I also became less flatfooted (not sure if that was related to weight loss).

Comment

I lost 45 pounds and a shoe size, my dress shoes barely stay on my feet anymore.

Comment

In addition to losing a little weight in the feet, the other reason your feet seem smaller is there is now less weight pushing down on them causing the feet to spread out.

Comment

I've also lost ring sizes. I'm waiting until I get to maintenance to get my ring resized, but it's on my middle finger now... and soon will have to put it on the pointer =)

Comment

Oh yeah. My Doc Knockoffs no longer fit me because my feet are floating in them. I used to be a size 10 foot. Now it's probably more like 9.5 and maybe even 9.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

My foot size has increased SUBSTANTIALLY since being on the PB.

(either that or I'm just seeing more of them when I look down now... )

Comment

Ha! I lost 65lbs over a spring, then tightened up even more that summer and fall. When the first day of skiing hit, I just loaded the gear, drove to the ski hill and realized I could step right out of my telemark boots (that used to be TIGHT).

Some was just the reduction in calf-adipose tissue!

Comment

I used to wear 17 extra wide but now I fit in 16 wide or if it's a sandal with a strap or flip-flops I can even go down to 15 extra wide. And I am down 45 LBs. My problem was more along the lines of types of shoes I loved but could never find in my size. Some of those shoes only go up to 15 (one in particular only goes to 13). So on the one hand I feel like I'm closer to my favorite styles and designs, on the other I doubt I will lose much more. I mean most of it was flesh, I will eventually hit my pure bone length and such. It still feels good to buy shoes in regular stores... or more precisely to have a larger range of choices. (I am not a fan of basketball shoes)
                        Not done yet...

Comment

I guess it's possible that one's body can store fat on the feet. It's probably all genetics. I had lost 120 LBS at one point and I wore the same size 12's as before.
                          I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

Comment

I have also noticed that my feet are smaller, but only in the last two months. My feet are swimming in my shoes. I've also noticed my fingers are getting thinner as well.
                            Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

Yes, that absolutely happened with me. When I was 250 lbs I wore a size 10. I know wear an 8.5 or 9.

Comment

Working...
                              X