The plank-off challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kelmar View Post
    This is a fun challenge! 90 seconds for me....wow I gotta lotta work to do Thanks for suggesting Gwamma, you are awesome by the way!
    why thank you very much Kelmar, that has just made this old Gwammas day !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

Why even bother with a challenge like this. Work up to a 3 minute plank, anything over 3 minutes you are on a diminishing return. When you have achieved that move on to a harder exercise like an L-sit, HLR or elbow lever.

PBF is meant to be about efficiency

Comment

Originally posted by sandstone View Post
        Why even bother with a challenge like this.
        just because we can !!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

had a break in the traffic so did a swift 3 minute plank. prob could have done more but according to this
          anything over 3 minutes you are on a diminishing return
          i can give up now!

Comment

Oh you little skite Seaweed !!!!!!!!! that has just unmade my day - right I shall try and increase yesterdays by 0.05 seconds !!!!! LOL

...small steps....

Comment

Originally posted by seaweed View Post
              had a break in the traffic so did a swift 3 minute plank. prob could have done more but according to this i can give up now!
              Don't give up, move to a harder variation.

A parallel would be chronic cardio vs sprints, you achieve more during the short high intensity sprint session than in a long cardio session. Why do a 10 mins plank when 1 min L-sit or elbow lever would be more effective.

Comment

Originally posted by sandstone View Post
                Don't give up, move to a harder variation.

A parallel would be chronic cardio vs sprints, you achieve more during the short high intensity sprint session than in a long cardio session. Why do a 10 mins plank when 1 min L-sit or elbow lever would be more effective.
                Sandstone, could you possibly post an L sit and an elbow lever ??? just for those of us - not in the know ???

Thanking you in advance !!!

...small steps....

Comment

google gwamma! L-Sit to Bent Arm Plank - YouTube a project for the next school holidays

Comment

thank you seaweed

...small steps....

Comment

i hope you realise i want photographic evidence of you doing this gwamma! i so reckon something like pole dancing would be more fun.

Comment

well I so don't think that I will be able to do that one, however plank was 1 minute 10 sec this morning. How far will I get in 288 days !!!!
                        and I don't really do photos. Don't look so great in real life let alone a photo !!!!! However If I ever get abs to die for - I promise that i will post a picky of them - just for you Seaweed !!! LOL

...small steps....

Comment

I participated in a Plank Off (one time only) just a month or two ago at the end of a CrossFit WOD. I did 2;33, and one of the dudes there did over 8 minutes. It was the box record at the time and probably still is.

Comment

There are some insane numbers on this thread!

Is everyone doing it with the Stick that has to touch all three elements of the plank?

I always do it with the stick and my record is 2.10 so massive kudos go to some of those with much bigger numbers!
                            2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Comment

I have a 15 second improvement from 39 sec last week to 54 sec today. Small improvement, but a good start.

Comment

Personal best so far over the entire duration of "Memory Remains" by Metallica.

Few but ripe.

Comment

Working...
                                X