plank.JPG
    Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
    Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
    The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
    Brute Force Sandbags
    www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
    http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

Coach p - you wee thing - thank you so much for posting the attachments - you could praps coach me through this - so I can BEAT Seaweed !!!!!
      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
        Coach p - you wee thing - thank you so much for posting the attachments - you could praps coach me through this - so I can BEAT Seaweed !!!!!
        It's really about consistency but technique-wise you should aim for a straight line between the back of your head, middle of the shoulder blades and your coccyx - all with a reasonable neutral lumbar position. Any deviation from this and you're essentially just reinforcing poor posture.

A good tip is to have someone rest a broomstick along your back. If it is in contact with all 3 points at the same time then you're golden.
        Brute Force Sandbags

Comment

Thank you I shall practise practice practice. As an aside what is the longest plank that you have heard about ????

...small steps....

Comment

Not sure about any record for it but I got to 25 minutes with a group of other coaches a few years back. It definitely helps to have others to push you! But, irrespective of time, the important thing is the quality.
            Brute Force Sandbags

Comment

they have a white board at my gym with the longest or whatever of different things. one side for men, one side for women. i will read it when i go next. google will prob give you the world record if you ask.
              It's really about consistency but technique-wise you should aim for a straight line between the back of your head, middle of the shoulder blades and your coccyx - all with a reasonable neutral lumbar position. Any deviation from this and you're essentially just reinforcing poor posture.
              it's prob alot easier with good technique too.

Comment

OMG that is a whole different concept - 25 minutes of looking at the floor or whatever !!!!!!
                Hmmmm I might aim for 1 min and 5 secs tomorrow LOL
                If I increase my plank time by 5 sec every day for the next ?????....shit I am still a wee way away from 25 minutes LOL

...small steps....

Comment

so theoretically I am only 288 days away from a 25 minute plank ! Have I got that right ?????

...small steps....

Comment

Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                    OMG that is a whole different concept - 25 minutes of looking at the floor or whatever !!!!!!
                    Hmmmm I might aim for 1 min and 5 secs tomorrow LOL
                    If I increase my plank time by 5 sec every day for the next ?????....shit I am still a wee way away from 25 minutes LOL
                    You'll get there in 288 days!
                    Brute Force Sandbags

Comment

The current world record (according to Guinness World Records) for the plank position is 1 hour 20 minutes and 5.01 seconds, set in Naperville, IL on 3 December 2011 by 54 year old George Hood.[9]

Thanks, Wikipaedia
                      "Continue being a man and you will be excellent. Pussy will rain from the sky. " - Legbiter
                      Couldn't resist immortalizing this quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach Palfrey View Post
                        You'll get there in 288 days!
                        Ok good, so my maths brain is still sharp, however 1 hour and 20minutes ?????
                        I turned 49 yesterday, so I have a few years to achieve this one !!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

i will be aiming for my 80th birthday lol we had a swimming teacher when we were kids who used to run once around the stadium for each year on his birthday. he was pretty old. his name was also mr salmon and i never got suspicious lol

Comment

"The current world record (according to Guinness World Records) for the plank position is 1 hour 20 minutes and 5.01 seconds"

Hmmm 1min 9 secs today..a wee bit to go yet then

Comment

3:20 here. I'm planning on increasing the time with 10 sec every 4-7 days since my goal is the 5 min mark and I don't want this to take ages.

I do the following everyday: left side plank - 2:20, rest - 2 min, right side plank - 2:20, the same rest, 3:20 front plank
                              Me@twitter

Comment

This is a fun challenge! 90 seconds for me....wow I gotta lotta work to do Thanks for suggesting Gwamma, you are awesome by the way!

Comment

Working...
                                X