Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can swimming be the "move frequently at a slow pace" component?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can swimming be the "move frequently at a slow pace" component?

Question in the thread title... I'm not a keen walker - never have been. Just never has appealed. But swimmer.. love it!

Can swimming be the major component of the move frequently, or is the PB principally "walkers rule"?

PBF talks about "walking, hiking, cycling, easy cardio". Is swimming in, or out?
    Embracing my inner Caveman since Sept 2012
    Start BMI: 31.9 (if include "bigbone" 10% allowance: 28.7)
    Start Waist: 40in

CW [06/Aug/13]: 198lbs. Current Waist: 36in. BF%: 19.6%. Various Calcs
    BMI: 29.2/26.3 BF%: 16.45% Naval Research BF Method

swimming is totally fine, just make sure you're not keeping your heartrate up too high for too long a time
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Sounds like fun....It is a good idea to get some walking in so you have some weight bearing exercise.
      Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
      PS
      Don't forget to play!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
        Sounds like fun....It is a good idea to get some walking in so you have some weight bearing exercise.
        Exactly that - I personally think walking is the best foundation of fitness - it's how we get arround from going for a wee to getting up to make a coffee, so I think it's fundamental, but if you don't like it then swim, it's all good.
        You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

Working...
        X