Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really dumb question - why do we care about preserving lean body mass?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everybody. To Tormag, I think it was, who asked me to estimate the miles I've hiked. In case you really wanted to know, in the last 5 years I have probably hiked about 4000 miles or so, maybe a few hundred more. Don't let anybody tell you that slow movement can't build muscle.

I don't know what to believe about the calories thing. When I reduce them I don't lose weight. When I increase them I don't gain weight. When I reduce them I get hungry and tired. When I increase them I get energetic and feel strong and want to do crazy adventures. I don't know, it all evens out I guess.

Can't get any response from any personal trainers in town.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

In case you really wanted to know, in the last 5 years I have probably hiked about 4000 miles or so, maybe a few hundred more. Don't let anybody tell you that slow movement can't build muscle.

I don't know what to believe about the calories thing. When I reduce them I don't lose weight. When I increase them I don't gain weight. When I reduce them I get hungry and tired. When I increase them I get energetic and feel strong and want to do crazy adventures. I don't know, it all evens out I guess.

Can't get any response from any personal trainers in town.
      I have prob covered a similar amount of ground over the same time period. i dont build big muscles so i am sure it is genetic. i am totally with you on the calories but i lose weight if i undereat, not that i do very often. i studied personal training. they are awesome for motivation but often very CW focussed. i have achieved heaps with mine in terms of strength gains as i couldnt whimp out. he has a totally different focus to me in that he works in a body builders / power lifters gym so i learn heaps every time i go see him. i have even climbed a 9m rockwall and i have vertigo by pretending he was there lol
      i found this btw. it is an interesting read.
      How to Lose Muscle Mass on Purpose?

Comment

Working...
      X