Argh, my foot! Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argh, my foot! Help!

My foot is just killing me. Can anyone help?

What's going on is, I think the problem started at my last training session. I was standing on one leg, on a sort of bench thing, and lowering myself to just touch the ground with my other leg. It was VERY hard. My trainer said she heard something go POP loudly but I didn't hear anything or feel anything, so we went on. I didn't feel a thing until the next morning.

Unfortunately, the next morning I could hardly walk. My right foot is absurdly tender in one particular spot, sort of the right side of my heel. I've had problems with my hamstrings before, but that's right in the back of my heel. This is differently placed, and the pain is different. It's a bad pain that makes me feel a little sick and it doesn't go away with a bit of stretching the way hamstring pain does. And it's hard to stretch without aggravating it. I've been icing it and trying to stretch it a bit, but it totally sucks. I wanted to go hiking today but not so much. Has anyone had this problem?
    Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

See a doctor!
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

Comment

I second a visit to the dr.

Comment

Doctor and then physical therapist. ASAP.

Expect that the Dr is going to ask for x-rays or an MRI.

Comment

Go see a doctor... I had something similar. I was using an exercise bike, and my foot folded backwards. Momentary pain, then rest of session was OK. Next day couldnt walk or put any weight on foot. I had ruptured an ankle tendon. 10 months later it still aches if I overexercise; take care of them tendons!

Hope you are OK; it may only be a sprain - but I'm afraid an audible pop sounds like a tear/dislocation.
          Embracing my inner Caveman since Sept 2012
          Start BMI: 31.9 (if include "bigbone" 10% allowance: 28.7)
          Start Waist: 40in

CW [06/Aug/13]: 198lbs. Current Waist: 36in. BF%: 19.6%. Various Calcs
          BMI: 29.2/26.3 BF%: 16.45% Naval Research BF Method

Comment

I wish I COULD see a doctor. It's Thanksgiving up here, everyone is closed but emergency, and I am NOT going to the emergency room. 8 hour waits for something like this are typical. But I'll go tomorrow. Thanks.

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

If you cant go today, then please make sure you rest it fully; ie. as much as is possible, elevate, and have no weight on it. If it is torn, or part torn, then any unsupported stress on it may make it rupture completely. A partial tear heals much better than a full rupture. Hope you'll be OK. I know the agony you'll be in!

Comment

Rest, Ice, Compress (do you have an ace bandage?), Elevate

Comment

Originally posted by TigerBeard View Post
                  If you cant go today, then please make sure you rest it fully; ie. as much as is possible, elevate, and have no weight on it. If it is torn, or part torn, then any unsupported stress on it may make it rupture completely. A partial tear heals much better than a full rupture. Hope you'll be OK. I know the agony you'll be in!
                  The weird part is, I was in agony when I wrote my first post, right after I got up... but after hobbling around for a while and making breakfast, the pain diminished considerably. And when I sat down for a while and iced it, the pain came back when I stood. I do hope that means it's only partially torn, or even just strained. I've also noticed that that foot is popping like crazy if I move it around, while the other isn't. And the pops don't necessarily hurt. Curious.

Comment

Definitely still go to the doctor.

I had a number of similar-sounding issues with my right Achilles - never more than small tears, but still enough to sideline me from any kind of "cardio" type thing for the better part of 3 months. Sometimes, it would feel good (before it got really bad), and so I would think "now I can do some jump rope..." and then (shocker) back came the pain!

But if you can walk on it, that's a good sign, as far as I can tell!

Comment

Good news! I went to the chiropractor and he thinks I have a strain and possibly a small tear in my tendon. He says it's unlikely to be a fracture, given that I can walk and his tuning fork didn't show any bone problems. He did give me a form for an x-ray if I want one, but I don't think I'll bother. He adjusted it and told me to ice it and use Traumeel on it. He thinks it'll be better in a few days... I think that's overly optimistic, but I hope he's right!

Comment

Good. I too could walk second day, but it took 4 months before I could do anything vigorous.

One thing that definitely helps (from my experience) is to take a course of glucosamin/chondroitin tablets. These are the building blocks for new tendons, and it is thought that it helps promote re-growth. Link. It helped me.

Comment

Working...
                        X