Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No gym or equipment-- best free workouts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No gym or equipment-- best free workouts?

I've got the local park and my very tiny living room, any ideas how to get started with Primal workouts? I'm thinking lunges and sprinting at the nearby park but... what else? What kinds of heaving lifting could I do? I'm sure you've seen this kind of post a zillion times but maybe one more won't hurt.

wall/incline/decline/regular push-ups, squats,pistol squats, burpees, mountain climbers, pull ups/chin ups, planks

Comment

CC, PBF, You are your own gym, anything by Ross Enamait
      Last edited by Dirlot; 10-04-2012, 06:15 PM.
      Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
      PS
      Don't forget to play!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

I would have to say that Primal Blueprint Fitness would be the best fit for what you have described. Nothing to buy, no gym necessary, and a free download. You can pick up more along the way, but the pushup, pullup, squat and plank regimen prescribed in PBF, along with some sprinting provide a great base for fitness.

Comment

10bx for women is what my wife does in our living room.
            Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
            5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
            Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
            TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
            bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Originally posted by sharvil1234
              I would have to say that Primal Blueprint Fitness would be the best fit for what you have described. Nothing to buy, no gym necessary, and a free download. You can pick up more along the way, but the pushup, pullup, squat and plank regimen prescribed in PBF, along with some sprinting provide a great base for fitness.
              Originally posted by Diogenes View Post
              Hmmmm......
              Went Primal: 20 DEC 2011
              Starting: 6'1" 220 lbs
              Starting Energy: "bleh...."
              Current: 183 lbs @ 8.33% BF (Jackson/Pollock 4 caliper method)
              Current Energy: "WOOHOO!" See my journal HERE.

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

Comment

Not that I disagree, but hmmmm.....

OP, look up Al Kavadlo as well..... dude is nuts! (I say that in the most complimentary fashion)
                Went Primal: 20 DEC 2011
                Starting: 6'1" 220 lbs
                Starting Energy: "bleh...."
                Current: 183 lbs @ 8.33% BF (Jackson/Pollock 4 caliper method)
                Current Energy: "WOOHOO!" See my journal HERE.

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

Comment

Originally posted by BONZ View Post
                  Hmmmm......

I was thinking more like...WTF?

Comment

^LOL

Thanks guys! I went and looked at the PBF-- yay for free! I'm jotting down some ideas and suggestions, thanks so much!

Comment

100 burpees for time! One of my favorite workouts when I'm away from the gym and short on time
                      http://meatsleeprepeat.com/
                      http://ternioncrossfit.com/

Comment

I really like Convict Conditioning- all bodyweight (all you need is a pull-up bar, and maybe some furniture), and it has a great progression through the movements- from something as simple as wall push ups all the way up through one-armed push ups.
                        "Itís not about how strong you are, itís how well you can move with that strength."

Comment

Originally posted by Blanchy View Post
                          I really like Convict Conditioning- all bodyweight (all you need is a pull-up bar, and maybe some furniture), and it has a great progression through the movements- from something as simple as wall push ups all the way up through one-armed push ups.
                          I like the CC, too. If you like the PBF and would like a much more in-depth guide, CC will not disappoint. Pricey, but cheaper if you buy the Kindle version.

Comment

I love Al Kavadlo's site, as well as Zuzana (originally from bodyrocktv.) Now you can find her here: Zuzka Light&#39;s channel - YouTube Awesome, typically quick and intense workouts!
                            My Before/After Pics
                            Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

Go to youtube and type in "Barstarzz".

Comment

Working...
                              X