Convict Conditioning and 5X5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convict Conditioning and 5X5

Am I breaking into the realm of chronic strength training by splitting my week up with the Stronglifts 5X5 program along with Convict Conditioning work on the other days? I have tons of energy and enjoy working out before I go to work so I was thinking something like M,W,F doing the 5X5 then Tu, Th, Sat doing Convict Conditioning work at home.

Your body will adapt to that level of work, but it is not ideal if you are wanting to get strong. The body recovers best from a workout while resting. You can add your play, slow-movement and sprints in your off days too.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Comment

Depends on your goals. I have no trouble strength training every day, but if you're trying to gain size it might be harder with less rest. I sacrifice a little size by being so active, but I like being active more than being bulky. Know the signs of overtraining, and stop if you have them.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I will see how it works

Comment

I couldn't handle that kind of volume. I did MF with Stronglifts, and sprints/CC on wednesdays. I need my rest days, and you will too if you are trying to build muscle.

Comment

Working...
          X