Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal Fitness, You Are Doing It Right....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Fitness, You Are Doing It Right....

...When, you saw a dead tree limb down and your wife looks out the window and says to herself: "I bet my husband is going to do some sort of crazy paleo workout with that monstrous piece of wood".

And she was right! I did some deadlifts, shoulder presses etc. These were pretty challenging because it was really unbalanced.

And this is what I love about primal workouts, they don't have to be in a gym, you can make them up on the spot in your backyard and they are highly effective too.

Sooooo, what is everyone’s favorite primal exercise that was improvised or can be done really quickly when you have a few minutes to spare?

climbing trees.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Push press with my kids

First the five year old as a warm up, then the seven year old. If my sisters nine year old is here, I'll lift her as well but not so many times

Comment

Ripping out a chicken coop with nothing but a sledgehammer and raw muscle.
        Carting Niece (70 lb of kid weight) piggy back across half a mile of park because she was tuckered from playing.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

Climbing trees is a great idea, I usually have to resort to the playground equipment that my daughter is playing on, which tend to be really symmetrical and easy to grab= not to challenging.

Comment

Sprinting after my Golden "Receiver" who doesn't want to retrieve the tennis ball. (Luckily, the other Golden does bring the ball back!)

Comment

Hikes along the coast climbing the rocks.
              You are what you eat, so only eat the best!

Comment

Moving Bass Guitar equipment

Comment

+1 for climbing trees. Boulders too. Lifting and throwing the biggest rocks I can find (and actually lift). Shouldering and carrying or dragging logs...

I get yelled at for spending so much time off on my own when my fiance and I go camping...I get this insatiable urge to go out and do stuff.
                  Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

Comment

Ditto on the kid workout. Mine is carrying my 10 year old. He runs at me and jumps up and I catch him and then I walk around a bit or even run a few steps with him. I'm not in good enough shape to carry him far yet.

Comment

I used to always do the kid lift workouts back in the day . I remember putting my oldest son across my lower legs and lifting them up and down (and showing off cause my husband couldn't do it!). Now he weighs about 70kg... lol. I sometimes still lift my 10 year old DD (she's about 35kg), but not as often as I used to (when she asked to be picked up and carried around).

Comment

Sounds more like play than a work out and if you follow PBF you know that is a complement.
                        Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                        PS
                        Don't forget to play!

Comment

Rope jumping is my favorite exercise....

Comment

I better climb tree.
                            Paleo Cook Book

Comment

Heavy duty gardening is one; cleaning house while wearing my daughter's 30# backpack is another.

Comment

Working...
                              X