Pole Dancing!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pole Dancing!!!

Those of you who do it, will you please share more info? I am SOOOO intrigued. I've been watching this woman all morning and am blown away!

I also saw a super sweet vid of Jenyne Butterfly and am so very inspired.

I would love to hear more from others about how you have gotten into it, what a typical class entails, etc. I have a place locally that teaches pole classes and I am planning to start w/ a beginner series in October! Just wanted to get a convo going about this as it seems very in line w/ the Primal lifestyle!!!
    Last edited by FairyRae; 09-23-2012, 09:14 AM.
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

(Like, seriously...this girl needs to do some more human flags.)
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

Comment

This is absolutely my favorite pole dance. I would LOVE to be able to do this.

Comment

That is the vid I saw of her Diana! Have you ever tried pole dancing? I am so excited to try it out!!!!
        My Before/After Pics

Comment

Basically gymnastics on a stripper pole. I`d try it.
          In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

My sister is into this. Her living room is basically two poles. She takes a class or two a week and performs as a part of the class. She compared it to ballet recitals when we were little kids, lol. It's a killer workout and would totally qualify as play.
            50yo, 5'3"
            SW-195
            CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
            GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Comment

I think this is a fabulous idea. Never tried it myself (nothing that cool near me), but I'd love to hear about your experience after your intro class!

Comment

I've taken a pole fitness class called, "Yoga Flirt." its all the pole moves mixed with yoga. it was super hard, but a great workout!

Comment

This thread is relevant to my interests.

Comment

Here it's called "pole sport" and it's harder than hell, I tell you. I have a friend who owns and teaches at a pole studio (she's awesome), and i help out with flexibility and similar stuff with my yoga. I took one class and was like "yeah, i'm out." It's a *lot* of work, and while very cool, I did not enjoy. But, a LOT of my clients do. Your hands get *really* strong. It's awesome.

And there are competitions, and men do it too. It's cool.

Comment

I'm going to have a 'propper hard think' about pole dancing In all seriousness, I've never seen pole dancing before, it looks awsome fun and like it requires massive strenght and fitness.
                      You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                        This is absolutely my favorite pole dance. I would LOVE to be able to do this.

How in the hell..... man. That was amazing. I am sure that is one piece of exercise equipment that DH wouldn't object to my buying.

We had a Groupon for classes not too long ago, about an hours drive.
                        65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

I've been doing Pole Fitness for about eight months. It is a great workout that requires flexibility, agility, coordination, strength, and some nerve especially when you start to invert. If you take a class, make sure you go several times to give it a fair shot (I wasn't sold at first but I bought a package). Sometimes it feels more like weight lifting than play. Also, a high pain tolerance is helpful. A lot of the tricks cause bruising and irritation when you first do them. That sounds bad, but it's so much fun. And an amazing core workout.

Comment

Thanks JadeAthena! I did sign up for a 4 week session (1 class per week) which begins next week. I was playing at a local playground which had a pole and could tell from my ridiculous swinging around the thing that it is going to be extremely tough stuff to master!!! (The fact that zoebird was not into it is a little unsettling to me as she is super duper strong and awesome and into similar yoga and bodyweight stuff that I enjoy, but I'll give it a fair shot!!) From just looking at it, it seems like LHT more than anything else for sure. I can get bored easily, so finding ways to fit in workouts that are more working towards a super fun goal (such as some of the pole dancing 'tricks' I've seen, etc.) may be more motivating for me personally.

I'll keep you all posted!! I'm loving the feedback on this topic!!
                            My Before/After Pics

Comment

Originally posted by FairyRae View Post
                              Thanks JadeAthena! I did sign up for a 4 week session (1 class per week) which begins next week. I was playing at a local playground which had a pole and could tell from my ridiculous swinging around the thing that it is going to be extremely tough stuff to master!!! (The fact that zoebird was not into it is a little unsettling to me as she is super duper strong and awesome and into similar yoga and bodyweight stuff that I enjoy, but I'll give it a fair shot!!) From just looking at it, it seems like LHT more than anything else for sure. I can get bored easily, so finding ways to fit in workouts that are more working towards a super fun goal (such as some of the pole dancing 'tricks' I've seen, etc.) may be more motivating for me personally.

I'll keep you all posted!! I'm loving the feedback on this topic!!
                              Good luck FR...Good to see you around again:-)
                              Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

Working...
                              X