Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ankle injury- Can't run. Now what?

Hi!

I injured my ankle, during my weekly running session actually, and I haven't been able to run for about 10 days now.

Can any of you recommend a replacement to sprinting that isn't going to be as hard on my ankle? I appreciate it.

Thanks.

Rowing.
    Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
    Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
    The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
    Brute Force Sandbags
    www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
    http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

Heal.

If you absolutely have to do something, do tabatas push-ups off the ball to support your injured feet, or pull-ups/chin-ups tabatas. My gym also has a rope-pulling machine which looks like boredom fest but a cardio craze. You can also try military crawl, with immobilized legs. It is quite challenging.
      My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
      When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

if i lift very heavy weights, i end up feeling very hot and sweaty and puffing and my heart goes like i do if i have been sprinting. let your ankle heal. i have stuffed up in that dept and have had ankle injuries that dragged on for weeks which havent been fun.

Comment

rowing if you can do it without aggravating the injury, if you cant, just let it heal.

Comment

kettlebell swings

Comment

The first things you need to do after spraining your ankle are (I) rest: try not to put too much weight through that foot when walking (ii) apply even, gentle compression to the area, preferably short stretch layered bandages (link to store item) and (iii) ice repeatedly throughout the day for 10-15 minutes at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach Palfrey View Post
                Rowing.
                Yep.

Comment

Working...
                X