X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you are a glutton for the macabre as am i
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
      Spotters are there for if you lack the strength to get the bar back up. He really was just asking for it with that grip so it's not their fault at all.
      Seriously? The guy effing died and you're going to say "he [asked] for it" because of his grip?
      Also, I can't tell from the video how he was gripping it -- what was he doing?
      Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Comment

he had his thumb wrapped around the bar, it was just too heavy for him so it slipped right out of his hands
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

so i went back and watched it again (i know...) and in fact, he did have his thumbs wrapped. so now i'm blaming the spotters entirely. particularly the guy in red. un-freaking-real

Comment

Can't believe what it does to his chest, it's amazing that he even got up afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
              so i went back and watched it again (i know...) and in fact, he did have his thumbs wrapped. so now i'm blaming the spotters entirely. particularly the guy in red. un-freaking-real
              I was wondering how long it wouls take somebody to notice that.
              In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

I was wondering how long it wouls take somebody to notice that.
                Ummm....

That's why humans have thumbs. This may be tragic but he sacrificed his own safety with his grip and therefore it was his own fault.

Spotters are there for if you lack the strength to get the bar back up. He really was just asking for it with that grip so it's not their fault at all.

Comment

Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
                  Ummm....
                  Yeah, clearly I meant I was wondering how long it would take somebody to notice my mistake. Duh.
                  In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

I don't want to watch the video - what did the spotters do wrong or what should they have done that they didn't? And how much weight was this guy lifting? How tragic.
                    ~Mollie

Started PB on Monday, June 4. I'm focusing on my health in 2012, including taking natural supplements, zumba and strength training, regular church attendance and studying the Bible, spending time with good friends, and reading more. I want to see what health milestones I can achieve this year!

Starting body fat - 41%
                    Starting weight - 170 lbs
                    9/4 body fat - 33%
                    9/4 weight - 150 lbs

Comment

one of the spotters was just standing around looking everywhere but they guy he was supposed to keep an eye on

it was nothing gory, outwardly. he dropped the bar and it fell on him, nearly touched his spine then bounded off and he flew up like his ass was on fire

the description on the vid said he later died at the hospital and that the bar had broken ribs and tore his diaphragm
                      beautiful
                      yeah you are

lol

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                        it was nothing gory, outwardly.
                        CHESTS SHOULD NOT BEND THAT WAY.

Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.
                        Steph
                        My Primal Meanderings

Comment

his chest DIDN'T bend that way, the bar bent it for him
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

lol

Comment

This is obviously a tragic accident. Grip was fine, I don't even blame the spotters... "the best spotter in the world can't react quickly enough to save you from a dropped bar" - Mark Rippetoe Starting Strength
                            "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Fernaldo View Post
                              This is obviously a tragic accident. Grip was fine, I don't even blame the spotters... "the best spotter in the world can't react quickly enough to save you from a dropped bar" - Mark Rippetoe Starting Strength
                              Agreed. Why are we looking to blame someone. This was just a sad and tragic accident. The job of the spotters is to help you re-rack or if you get stuck, not to catch a dropped bar.

Gives me the heeby jeebies just thinking about it.

--Me

Comment

Yeah, clearly I meant I was wondering how long it would take somebody to notice my mistake. Duh.
                                My bad. I was being an ass. Please accept my apology.

Comment

Working...
                                X