Bodyweight Deadlift Alternatives

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodyweight Deadlift Alternatives

I've seen the question come up a few times on these boards and well as on some other forums, so I decided to do a blog about Bodyweight Deadlift Alternatives.

As always, your feedback is welcome and appreciated!
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

sigpic

Great stuff, as usual.
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

Comment

I've been seeing those threads- thanks for the input!

Comment

As I've said before...Al, you're the man! Thanks for all you do.
        Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

Thanks Al, I'm gonna try and add in some back bridges!

Comment

Thanks guys! Appreciate all the positivity!
            "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

sigpic

Comment

Al-

Great stuff. A bunch of things I bet most of us would have never considered. Just curious, any reason you excluded Glute-Ham Raises?
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Awesome Tried these out today!
                “There is immeasurably more left inside than what comes out in words…”
                — Fyodor Dostoevsky

Comment

Awesome! One of the things I've been missing over my summer without a gym is deadlifts--they are probably my favorite lift. I'll give some of these a try.
                  “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                    Al-

Great stuff. A bunch of things I bet most of us would have never considered. Just curious, any reason you excluded Glute-Ham Raises?
                    Thanks, Rich! Someone just asked this same thing in the comments section on my blog. I answered him there, go check it out: Bodyweight Deadlift Alternatives

Originally posted by homunculus View Post
                    Cool! Glad you've got some new stuff to practice!

Originally posted by Owly View Post
                    Awesome! One of the things I've been missing over my summer without a gym is deadlifts--they are probably my favorite lift. I'll give some of these a try.
                    Right on! Give it a try!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                      Al-

Thanks, Rich! Someone just asked this same thing in the comments section on my blog. I answered him there, go check it out: Bodyweight Deadlift Alternatives

Originally posted by homunculus View Post
                      Cool! Glad you've got some new stuff to practice!

Originally posted by Owly View Post
                      Right on! Give it a try!

sigpic

Comment

Tried the back bridges last night. Haven't done them since high school, but I can still do the full bridge. Now to work on holding longer. Thanks Al.
                        “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Working...
                        X