Multiple sprints each week?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple sprints each week?

Does anyone do multiple sprints each week, as opposed to every 7-10 days?

I sprint twice a week, sometimes 3 times if I play ultimate ftisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman View Post
      I sprint twice a week, sometimes 3 times if I play ultimate ftisbee.
      Wolfman - what does the rest of your week look like with workouts? I have a habit of overtraining, like many people, so I'm trying to gauge what fits nicely with more sprints during the week, without overdoing it.

Comment

I sprint atleast 2 times a week. Sometimes 3. I play soccer one night which is all sprinting, then depending how I feel I let it rip. seriously though it's all according to how you and your legs feel. Do what works for you, but don't over do it.

Comment

I sprint once a week and play indoor soccer once a week. I agree with above, just listen to your body. If you're sore, then back off. I find my abs are quite sore after sprinting, but legs often feel fine. So I wait for my abs to recover before going again.

Comment

I sprint 3 times a week.
            30 second sprints, with a 90 second recovery at a slower pace, done 8 times.
            Takes about 30 minutes with a 10 minute warmup and a 5 minute cooldown.
            I was sore for the first week, then it went away.
            I feel energized after my sprint sessions, and it doesn't take up much time.

Comment

Ok - thanks for the responses; I'll try it out and see how my body responds. I love running (but dropped the distance running), so sprinting a few times a week would be awesome! I just finished P90X and felt more with the sprints; crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by counterpuncher View Post
                I sprint 3 times a week.
                30 second sprints, with a 90 second recovery at a slower pace, done 8 times.
                Takes about 30 minutes with a 10 minute warmup and a 5 minute cooldown.
                I was sore for the first week, then it went away.
                I feel energized after my sprint sessions, and it doesn't take up much time.
                Counterpuncher - this is how I learned about sprints, before I read PB, so I might try this timing out on Sunday.

Comment

I won't sprint before a squat or deadlift day, just the next day, I sleep well and take lots of recovery supplements so it never bothers me. S - frisbee M - squats T - hill sprints W - press TH - rest F - deadlift S - hill sprints

Comment

Normally I sprint 3x a week, right after weight lifting
                    well then

Comment

I only sprint once a week but I play competitive level racquetball 2-3 times a week.

Racquetball consists of many very short and reactionary "sprints".

Bob

Comment

Ultimate frisbee and touch footy are team sports I play in for sprints I don't notice.

Comment

As others have said, sprinting is very common in sports & in play (which count equally IMO to more "formal" sprinting) so I probably sprint almost every day of the week in some form or another.

Comment

I think I need to engage more in the playing aspect of fitness. I'm doing my 3rd sprint of the week tomorrow, but I'm trying to peel myself away from routine that I seem to be slipping back into. Sprints are hard! I thought I could pull it off having run long distances in my past...but no...much more challenging. Out of breathe by my 5 of 8 on the track. Hopefully I start to see some results sooner than later. Slimming down the right way seems to take forever, unless my body is trying to tell me it likes where it is. Bleh.

Zilog - I agree.

Comment

Working...
                            X