Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noobish dip station question!

Been meaning to ask this for a while.

This is the dip station at my gym. You can see the hand holds are angled.

I usually face into the station to do them, but wondered if that is actually correct

I used to do them on a pair of builder's trestles, so not used to do them with angled hands.

My dip station hand holds are not angled but I face the station to do them. If I faced away my elbows would likely hit the hand holds for the leg raise section.

I would imagine the angled hand holds would work the muscles slightly differently depending on whether you faced in or out. Try it both ways.
    Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by twa2w View Post
      I would imagine the angled hand holds would work the muscles slightly differently depending on whether you faced in or out. Try it both ways.
      Cheers
      Never thought of that. Thanks!

Comment

Handles angled outward can actually be a good thing (when you're facing the dip station). It puts your hands (and therefore your rotator cuffs) in a more neutral position, which is generally safer for your shoulders. Go with what feels best for you though.
        Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by EvRevFit View Post
          Handles angled outward can actually be a good thing (when you're facing the dip station). It puts your hands (and therefore your rotator cuffs) in a more neutral position, which is generally safer for your shoulders. Go with what feels best for you though.
          Thanks EvRevFit, facing in is more comfortable and the way I usually use it, thanks for confirming!

Comment

Working...
          X