No announcement yet.

Sleep or Work Out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read Body by Science and do One high intensity resistance training a week. Learn to incorporated exercise into your days otherwise. Yoga can be done between classes or as a 10 minute stretch while studying. You can pump out a few pushups or do some mobility work anytime you want. You getting funny looks? F em.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingofturtles View Post
      No one on this site can make a desicion for themselves. And apparently no one on this site can do research for themselves. Heres an idea; work out. If your tired, dont work out. Holly fuck hey? Howevever, i did read that if oyu get less than 8 hours of sleep a night then your life expectancy is reduced by 20 years....
      Yeah, you are a douche and then you make some bullshit up about 8 hours a night (did Oprah tell you that). What you don't get is that many people here do have pretty extensive education and this is a free resource to ask open and honest questions when your not quite sure. You can have fun and crack some jokes, but seriously if your just gonna pop in to say "figure it out dummy" WTF good are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
        Yeah, you are a douche and then you make some bullshit up about 8 hours a night (did Oprah tell you that). What you don't get is that many people here do have pretty extensive education and this is a free resource to ask open and honest questions when your not quite sure. You can have fun and crack some jokes, but seriously if your just gonna pop in to say "figure it out dummy" WTF good are you?
        Seriously? That 8 hours of sleep thing was obviously a joke. Pump ur breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by lexie View Post
          I'm actually trying to lose the weight I already put on. In college, I ate poorly and drank a ton of alcohol, which added weight, and then in law school, I developed some issues with binging and drinking more frequently (although at least not binge drinking, so I'm fortunate there). I have about 30 lbs. to lose. I'm an evening student, so my classes are at night, with no breaks. I'm there from 6pm-9pm, right after work. I work 8am-5pm. So, if I don't do it before work, it won't happen.
          I might have missed it on your post somewhere but are you in school every single day? if so then if weekends are available I would just do that. At this point you don't have much room to play in your schedule. I know that sucks but remember law school is not forever and just think of how much dough you'll be making after that sacrifice LOL!

Just eat as clean as possible. Eat consistent meals daily. If your get sufficient sleep, your cortisol level stabilizes and you don't get that hunger pangs all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by lexie View Post
            My doubts come from being tired in the mornings. Even when waking at 6am, toward the end of the week, I do feel tired. Early in the week seems to be fine, but by Thursdays, I'm usually feeling tired as is. However, I do usually feel more energized throughout the day, even if I do something light and gentle like yoga, whereas if I don't exercise, it takes me longer to wake up. Given that my butt is stuck in a chair for 11-13 hours a day during the week, I'm trying to do a cost-benefit analysis. When both movement and sleep are important, it's hard choosing which to sacrifice, particularly when you're already struggling with weight you've put on.
            Then you probably need to prioritize your sleep.

Try to find ways to get more movement if you don't have time to work out. Or try to do a short, intense workout less frequently - even a couple of 15 minute workouts is better than nothing.

And when it comes to fat loss, diet is going to be a key.

Comment

Working...
            X