Just popped my VFF cherry!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just popped my VFF cherry!

Just had to share my joy and mention that I just picked up a pair of VFFs (KSOs). Can't wait to start sprinting with them!

They are almost impossible to find in Ontario and any place that carries them runs out really quick. The salesperson said they just sold 8 pairs on Saturday. Lucky I got them while I did.

Hooray for VFFs and the stores that carry them!

I grok, therefore I am.

Ooo congrats! I just ordered mine and can't wait for them to come in..

Comment

I've been wearing them around the house and they are awesome! The wife says she won't go around town with me wearing them though lol

I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

I was lucky enough to have a store in this small northern ontario town that carries them. Otherwise I would have had to wait. Nothing like immediate gratification!

I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

Congrats! i've had my Sprints for a year and i still enjoy the looks of horror on people's faces. i did my first hard road run in them this weekend. Post run my calves are on fire in that really good way and the run was so different in them. i was so much more present in the run. i wore them to lift in the gym this morning & got chatted up over them. prepare to be noticed & commented upon! i find the injinji socks helpful while running, reducing blistering.

Comment

I've been wearing nike free's for about four years and they were great. I was ready to take the next step! I taught myself chi running with the free's so the transition should be fairly painless...I hope! Although I don't plan on doing any long distance in them. Mostly just flat sprints, uphill, and maybe some beach sprints this year.

I'm sure people will look at me all cock-eyed while wearing them. Heck, I would be walking back bare-footed from the park with the kids last summer and people were gawking like I was walking back nekkid.

Not too sure if I have enough room for the socks, it's a pretty tight fit already. I'll look into them though.

I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

cool. I have been wearing mine for a month or more and felt that last week was a good time to do a few sprints. It felt good, my calf muscles were sore for a couple days after. It's really cool to feel how your feet muscles get sore too. I can spread my toes now, they feel so strong, like I could pinch the crap out of someone with my toe strength! lol.

Comment

I was thinking of wearing them to the park for my early morning sprints and maybe brining my sledgehammer along for the walk. I'm sure I won't draw any attention to myself.

I look forward to the pincer grip with my 'little piggies'!

I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

@underwaterer: my toes are so much more buff now! i realized all the muscles in my feet had atrophied from RA/always wearing cushioned shoes (rheumatologists well intentioned but bad CW advice) when i took yoga class & would watch the others spread their toes on demand and mine would lay there like little lifeless link sausages no matter how hard i tried to get them to move. now i can move my toes and i do see actual muscular definition in them.

Comment

yeeha! i've finally worked up the "whaddaya lookin' at face?" enough to wear them to work. those shoes are life-changing!

truly, though, i've been met with mostly curiosity and some "whoa those are cool!" comments.

and walking around with a sledgehammer is the new black.

Comment

[quote]

Not too sure if I have enough room for the socks, it&#39;s a pretty tight fit already.</blockquote>

Fortunately the injinji socks are pretty thin -- when I first got my KSO&#39;s, the socks would definitely *not* have fit, but after wearing them around the house a couple of weeks they loosened up just enough that I can get the injinji socks on if I want (snug but not too tight).

On the other hand, my Treks (in the same size) are just enough bigger that the socks fit very comfortably right out of the box (they&#39;re a bit longer if I place them sole to sole with the Treks; the store I bought them from said the Treks were designed a tad bigger to better accommodate socks (better relative to the same size VFF in other styles)).

As a side note, they said there were a bunch more styles coming out this summer, including a VFF specifically designed for running and a new KSO style shoe that was going to use the heavier sole design of the Trek but with a regular KSO material upper...

Comment

hahahah @ (lolly) link sausages... yeah it feels like you can clench your feet up like a fist!

Comment

My KSO&#39;s were really, REALLY tight on my big toes and pinky toes when I first got them, but slightly too big on the middle three toes of each foot. I was sure I was going to have to return them for the next larger size.

By wearing them around the house they eventually loosened up to the point where I no longer felt I had to return them. I wore them running once with no major problems. The right pinky toe is still rather tight, but it&#39;s not a deal breaker.

The injinji socks are out of the question. I bought a pair when I got my KSO&#39;s. I can get the Vibrams on over them, but it&#39;s extremely uncomfortable.

Comment

Yeah, the KSO treks are out now. they sold out in my size after only a week of being in stock.

The sales lady said they are so much in demand that they weren&#39;t even sure if they were getting a replacement order or not. These are quite the popular trend.

I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

I assume you can run really long distances in the five fingers. I run long distances barefoot and my feet/arches/calves/everything else are just fine. Take it slow and build it up. Glad to see more people coming around to the barefoot/minimal shoe lifestyle.

Comment

Working...
                              X