No announcement yet.

Seriously lacking motivation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try finding a tangible fitness goal. Sign up for a run or set a goal of a long trek or a certain strength number that is quantifiable. Make sure it is something that gets you excited and use that as your proverbial Carrot
    "The mountains are calling me, I must go"

"don't let school get in the way of your education"

Shameless Everest/Himalaya hiking company plug http://goodkarmatrek.com/

Comment

Thanks guys for all of the advice!

Basically I think I'm in the same rut as magnolia1973, I find the Primal Blueprint workout extremely boring. My motivation was lacking as my lack of actual results.
      Yesterday I hopped back on the treadmil for the first time in 3 months, and I felt so much better. I think for me personally, it is about being able to track my progress and feel like I accomplished something in my workout in order to motivate me.
      I know running on the treadmil is not Grok, but until I can afford a high tech watch that tells me how fast I am running every second I just am not satisfied and I stuggle with internal push your self motivation.
      My solution: Eat Primal and do workout that I am happy doing. Also.. play more tennis.
      My workouts will NOT be as intense as pre-primal because they won't need to be. So still 30 min or so workouts, but in a gym, where my motivation is high. (plus in a gym I'm stuck there, forcing me to do something, I mean what else is there to do in a gym but workout?)
      I know some may not agree, but this is my mitigation plan cuz I CANNOT do this other kind of working out anymore.

Comment

Also, you might consider trying something new as exercise. You may just be bored with what you have been doing. I rarely stick with the same routine more than a couple of months because it almost always gets boring to me. Not necessarily easy, just boring and not motivating. Nothing like a new challenge to get you interested in working out.

Comment

If you like tracking progress... learn how to do the followin lifts and try to make lineral progress.

Squat, bench press, deadlift, overhead press, chin up.

Comment

Working...
          X