Handstand nasal congestion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handstand nasal congestion

I was enjoying learning to handstand and making slow progress, but the inversion seemed to block my nose.
    Don't know if it's dry winter air, but I've been congested more lately (I haven't been upside down for a couple of weeks now)

Has anyone else found handstands to do this?

I'm totally the opposite. I use inverted positions (handstand or headstand) to clear up my nose. It temporarily blocks while I'm upside down, but then everything whooshes out when I stand up again.

Comment

I get the same problem when I have my head in the massage table holes designed to put your head into.

Comment

Yeah, that's pretty common, probably because of the duration.

Comment

My nasal region gets a little silly on me sometimes, but I find if I haven't been doing inversions and then I start incorporating them again, I get more congested temporarily. Like there was some stuff somewhere back there being brought to the surface or something? Anyway, if I keep doing them, and use a neti pot, it gets better...
          Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
          Pre-preg weight: 130
          Current: 145 (eek!)
          Goal: ??? <-- whatever it takes to get rid of this tire!
          Started Primal in May '12.
          My Blog
          Join the Revolution!

Comment

Get a humidifier. Best thing I ever did for my sinuses in northern winters. The funny part is that I actually bought it because my guitars were warping in the dryness, but since then my winter sinus problems have all but disappeared. Going primal made it even better.

Comment

Just keep doing them as you will adapt and the blockage will dissapear
              Want to handstand like Bruce Lee ?

Check lostartofhandbalancing.com

Comment

Working...
              X