Burpees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burpees

I am officially renaming burpees to either OH GOD NOT BURPEES (the PG version) or FUCKING BURPEES (the R version), depending on whether my kids are around.

Effin' burpees, man. Effin' burpees.
    F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

You're doing them right.
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
      You're doing them right.
      Gah. I mean, yay me.

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

Comment

I have a love/hate relationship w Burpees! I do a disgusting Burpee and pushup circuit. It's ridic and i want to die, but afterwards I feel amazing.

Comment

people that tell me that calisthenics won't get you in better shape, or make you stronger, are actually saying "i haven't tried burpees yet."

Comment

Yup. Love/hate relationship with burpees here too.
            A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

We hates them, preciouses.
              “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Whoever invented burpees can burn in the deepest pits of hell...
                Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

Comment

Am I weird for enjoying a burpee's when I pair them with another bodyweight exercise and do super sets?

Comment

Used to have to do a conditioning circuit for football in which we did sprints, burpees, pushups, and agility drills all while in full pads. I think my football coaches liked to see us suffer...

Comment

Originally posted by WeldingHank View Post
                      Am I weird for enjoying a burpee's when I pair them with another bodyweight exercise and do super sets?
                      Yes, extremely weird!

Comment

Originally posted by WeldingHank View Post
                        Stockholm syndrome.
                        “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Added difficulty: pushup burpees. My favourite ass-kicker

Comment

Originally posted by wac View Post
                            Added difficulty: pushup burpees. My favourite ass-kicker
                            Yesterday, we did jumping burpees. Effin' burpees, man. Effin' burpees.

I'm glad to see that misery loves company...

Comment

Been doing burpees since elementary school PE, and I still hate them.
                              "Suffer no guilt yee who wield this in the name of Crom"
                              Quote on the Father's Sword

Comment

Working...
                              X