No announcement yet.

Burpees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burpees are awesome, and they suck. A necessary evil.
    I include them into a circuit training workout that I've been doing twice a week, switching up the order of the exercises frequently.
    10 burpees, 10 pushups, 20 crunches while holding a 10lb plate, 20 russian twists while holding a 10lb plate, 15 ab wheel rollouts and 10 inverted bodyweight rows.
    30 minutes, no rest, except for the breaths that I catch while switching exercises.
    I set the alarm on my cell phone for 30 minutes, then descend into hell.

Comment

We did them today as part of our gym circuit holding 10lb weights and pressing them up as we came out of the burpee.
      We also did mountain climbers ans squat jumping on and off a box.
      My legs felt like jelly but I came home full of energy. Think my body appreciates being worked to the max.

Comment

Originally posted by EvRevFit View Post
        Whoever invented burpees can burn in the deepest pits of hell...
        My sentiments exactly. My trainer added three sets of them into this week's workout.

Comment

Burpee tire jump tire flips....thats all I need to say.

Richard
          It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Comment

How in the world do you do burpees AND THEN 10 MORE PUSHUPS? By then, my arms are already giving out -.-" I must have really weak arms or something lol!
            My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

i always do the pushup, and i love to jump up and add a pullup to the top. those can be called mother-effin-burpees

Comment

I watch people at the gym do these so badly, nowhere near the ground. Chest. Must. Hit. The. Floor.
                Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Comment

Also, dead lift burpees, tremendous. On this occasion chest to the floor is not required as you're using the bar to hold onto.
                  Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Comment

Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                    i always do the pushup, and i love to jump up and add a pullup to the top. those can be called mother-effin-burpees
                    This. There are not words profane enough to describe these.

Originally posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
                    Also, dead lift burpees, tremendous. On this occasion chest to the floor is not required as you're using the bar to hold onto.
                    Ooooo sounds... "fun". ("Fun" is a Crossfit word for torture.) How do you do them? Do you jump at the top of the deadlift?

Comment

There is one amazing thing about burpees.

This video: Fitness - Boot Camp Workout 1: Burpee's Exercise - YouTube

I could watch it all day. Probably NSFW.
                      Last edited by Samphis; 08-10-2012, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                        How in the world do you do burpees AND THEN 10 MORE PUSHUPS? By then, my arms are already giving out -.-" I must have really weak arms or something lol!
                        Lol.
                        It's a gut check, but more from an endurance standpoint.
                        I'm used to doing lots of pushups from my karate days.
                        I do them using gymnasts rings with my feet elevated a couple of times a week, so the standard pushups aren't nearly as hard.
                        Took some time to get there, but it was worth the effort.

Comment

Working...
                        X